Will Bush be the NAU 'president' in 2012?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by pavlakos, May 3, 2008.

1. this thread probably doesnt belong here, but itll disapear in the general section within minutes. id appreciate it if it stays here so more people can read the article and discuss the possibilty of bush still being in office in 2012.

well heres the article: http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/07/31/2874/

if bush were to arrange another 9/11 event; throwing us into a possible WW3. the prospect of a new president until the war is over is...unlikely.

whatd you guys think?

2. Improper use of a semi-colon! (sorry, so many people do it, I had to comment on someone.)

However, that has little bearing on what you are saying. I have been claiming for years that Bush will engineer a way for him to stay in power, however, that would actually be political suicide, a goal-killer as it were, as I imagine he would not be able to retain power in such a situation. I believe the next administration, whomever that may be, will continue the war and possibly extend it to other countries within the (middle east) region. Why? Because the White House likes to draw maps. :)

[​IMG]
    http://www.oilempire.us/new-map.html

Assuming the government is for you should be a sin.

Prior to WWII:
    http://www.maps.com/map.aspx?pid=15670

After WWII:
    http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/post-ww2.htm

Oh yeah, redrawing maps is totally awesome... :D

Of course, my opinion is simply that, a (well-informed) opinion. :p

3. well...it would be political suicide if Bush was doing what he was doing for himself, or the country, but not if its part of a plan;(<---probably another improper use of semi collon :) ) and it is quite apparent that there is a well orchestrated plan unravelling without the peoples consent nor knowledge.

4. Big business rules and gets what it wants. It is, really, as simple as that. Fascism exists in modern times, we simply call it "democracy" and then watch American Idol or Paparazzi TV and forget about it all. :)

As a side note... I could be wrong, but I do not believe that was an improper use of a semi-colon. :)

5. I think people greatly overestimate Bush's desire and ability. I'll agree that he's not good at making decisions, he's not a good speaker, he doesn't understand shit about foreign relations or the economy, and we'd be better off without him. But I do not agree that he is evil and deceptive enough to extend his power for another term. Shit, I don't even think he wants to serve the rest of his term with all the scrutiny he receives.... his approval rating is the lowest its ever been. Watching him give the speech about the economy the other day was like watching someone try to dodge bullets from a machine gun. Bush knows that his time is over, he had his chance and he blew it. Even if there was a catastrophic terrorist attack on our soil, the most he would do is try his hardest to get McCain the presidency. The American public, as well as all the politicians in Congress, would not stand for an illegal third Bush term. It simply wouldn't happen... he would either be assassinated or thrown in prison if he even attempted it, and it would completely ruin any career that his administration might have in the future

....On a side note, I still find it hilarious that people think George W. Bush is competent enough, resourceful enough, and organized enough to have planned 9/11.

6. George Bush isn't, Dick Cheney is. Karl Rove is already working for McCain, isn't he? Figureheads are only worth their ability to distract attention away from the real connivances.

"And the beat goes on"...

7. Al, I think you're right. I'm more worried about what Cheney will pull out of his ass in the coming months/year

8. I think its silly that people actually think that a retard is in office...
    I mean seriously, you honestly think that Bush is just... a little stupid?
    I know hes not good at speeches, but I'm positive that these decisions are not "mistakes" or anything that would imply a "stupid president". This is deliberate and I find it quite sad that people are actually defending him by using his intelligence as the excuse for his actions.

Thats like a child running around breaking all the shit in the house and everyone else saying "oh hes retarded, he doesn't know any better." when the child is actually normal.

9. Yes, but in that situation, no one has fears of the child killing his parents and taking over the household. I don't think anyone is trying not to hold Bush accountable for his actions like you're implying.

10. Stupid isn't the best word to use. I would say incompetent, ignorant, lazy, uncaring, spoiled, defiant, and arrogant.

What specific decisions are you referring to? What makes you think that he is incapable of making mistakes, and must therefore have hidden motives?

First off, who's defending him?
    I wouldn't say that it's his intelligence so much as his judgment. I find it sad that people are actually "defending" him by trying to paint his presidency as some kind of dictatorship, or government conspiracy, or anything of the sort. He is simply an average joe who got elected because of who his family is, thought it would be a job he could handle, and then made some bad decisions when things got tough. What is so hard to understand about that?

11. I would say just about every decision that HAS been made. The removal or Habeus Corpus (sp) the removal of our privacy, the terrorist list that most Americans are actually on, Illegal wars, a national ID card, the possible "unification" of north America... a war with Iran that NOONE is excited(in the literal sense, not the positive sense.) or upset about. All these things could have been vetoed or revisited, and yet he hasn't done any of it.

Now the "9/11 changed everything" bullshit aside, he should have read these things and actually wondered how this would affect the American people, and I must say I am disgusted that it was thought that we would gladly hand over out rights and privacy because of an attack we were warned about and didn't heed.

This isn't him taking on a job he couldn't handle, this is him IGNORING plenty of warnings and then using (yes, using) the fear this created to make MORE bad decisions. He could have been going "oh shit what do I do now?" the whole time letting the 9/11 hype control his decision making, but then that doesn't help his case at all and actually makes it look worse.
    He could have turned this over to someone else if he felt it wasn't working out, that would have been honorable, but we've had to suffer 8 years of bullshit because the president thought that (what was it?) 13 countries were just playing a prank when they were telling us we'd be attacked... and I'm just saying that cause that was the event that catapulted us into the bullshit we're in.

Sorry, but I honestly don't see how this isn't defending him, but aside from that (which you're not even a good example cause I honestly feel like I don't know where you stand on anything besides obama lol), I've seen TONS of people defend him, have you missed all the Bush groupies who still worship him???
    And I don't see how my saying he is just a bad president who has not thought one bit about the constitution OR the American people is defending him.

If you look at all of the things that have happened throughout the years, all the people who have entered and left the offices and the things that happened, the things that were said and such, I think its naive to think that there wasn't something planned going on. I'm not saying "there were no planes!!11" and I'm not saying "Bush did it all!", but I am saying that "Bush needs to think about the American people for once" and "He knew about 9/11".

On a side note, I realize that much of the bad shit has seemingly happened with Cheney, and I realize this, but I would think that Bush wouldn't let that warmonger push him around when it comes to decision making, and makes me respect Bush less.

My post wasn't an attack on you personally, but the way your post was phrased made me think about people with that mentality. Its generally how I post and most people can't see that, which makes sense I guess.

12. I personally think Bush's so called stupidity is just a ploy.

I doubt they would use bush again.... people are to sick of him.

Hard power...soft power.. hard power.

They're are many people ready to be the next bush so well see.

13. I can definitely agree with all of that. I agree that Bush should have read these things and actually wondered how they would affect the American people, but he didn't. Or maybe he did - but his bad judgment told him that he was doing the right thing. Either way, it is horribly offensive and disgusting what our president has done to us. He should have been impeached long ago.

I agree it makes him look worse, and that's my whole point. Trust me, I'm not trying to help Bush's case in any way. He doesn't fully understand what the hell he's doing. He sincerely believes that he's doing what's best for the country. Apparently that is hard to believe for some people though because now we have all these crazy conspiracy theories. People seem to think that Bush is too intelligent to make mistakes, and therefore they must be part of his secret plan to take over the world.

Agreed.

Yeah, maybe there are a few idiots left who still worship Bush, but about three quarters of the country disapproves of his presidency. My point was that no one in this thread has attempted to defend him. I'm not defending him at all.... what I'm defending is my own intelligence. I'm not naive enough to believe something just because someone made a video about it or wrote an article about it.

I don't think you're trying to defend him, I was just turning the argument back around on you. The difference here is that you believe he's malevolent, while I believe that he's simply incompetent. So if I'm defending his intentions, then you are defending his ability and intelligence.

I believe that Bush had warnings which he ignored, but I don't believe that he intentionally let 9/11 happen. He didn't take the threats seriously, he overestimated America's security, and he realized his mistake soon afterward, but didn't want us to see it.

14. I do not think he planned 9/11. He just capitalized on a situation he should not have used in the way he did. lol, if he did plan 9/11 than I could only assume the moronic behavior was some elaborate plot to confuse everyone. :p

15. I can agree with that.

16. I suppose I could say he is maleovent.. or negligent, or both.
    Either way I know I have beliefs that wouldn't fly with 99% of the people on this thread, so I can't honestly say what I think about Bush without people calling me crazy.

But I guess we agree on many parts, as far as political correctness is concerned.

17. Go ahead.... I promise not to call you crazy.
    (But I don't promise not to disagree.) ;)

18. lol, did it ever occur to anyone that bush is only getting what he wants? please, its not coincidence he didnt take the 13 countries warning him seriously.
    did it ever occur to anyone that bush and his administration have no intention or interest in the welfare of america, but rather there own agenda? obviously everyone thinks hes this dumbshit, and underestimate him. what if he comes off stupid because nothing he says is true? because every time hes asked a question he has to think of a good lie. maybe hes not so 'dumb' just a bad liar.

id also like to point out that it would be completely legal for bush to cancel elections in the event of a 'terrorist' attack. and how fortunate that 'terrorist' attack would be for him. he could then stay in power, lead the country to death in war, introduce the NAU, and help shape the next generation of sheep only to lead them into the fires of the NWO police state. and of course once the NAU is in place the constitution will be obsolete and he can stay until he feels like retiring or until someone finally assassinates him. come on, thats alot of mistakes. it seems to work much like the domino effect...i like the parallels between V for Vendetta and real world :)

19. pavlakos, do you believe that the Bush administration planned 9/11? Or that it was in any way a government conspiracy?

20. do you believe that it was coincidence that 13 countrys informed bush of the attack?

do you believe that it was coincedence that the airforce usually takes 10 minutes to respond to emergency situations and it took over an hour to even notice in this state of emergency?

do you believe that it was coincidence that multiple explosions were heard by the janitor going off in the basement near the foundation only a few minutes before the tower was hit?

do you believe that it was coincidence that after such an attack many liberties were taken away from the people, via patriot act, further preparing the country for the NWO?

do you believe that it was coincidence that osama bin ladens father (or was it brother?) was having breakfast with mr. bush senior in washington on the very morning of the attacks?

do you believe it was coincidence that after the attack, america got its chance to make more money off oil to pay off some debt?

do you believe it was coincidence that after america entered afghanistan(the leading producer of opium), the distribution of opium globally escalated almost 60%?

i hope that answered your question as to what i believe. i also believe that to believe otherwise is either blind patriotism or denial.