Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will Blazing Affect My Stamina?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by flyingtigers, Sep 29, 2010.

1. It really depends on the person. I just finished playing 4 years of highly competitive ultimate frisbee (won a national title, finished second next year) and I smoked everyday. As long as you are working out and not just smoking all the time then it really won't affect your stamina very much. There are ways to make it affect your stamina even less, like smoking bongs and vapes instead of spliffs or joints (the paper and tobacco hurts your lungs). I also do believe the argument about smoking slowing things down. Whenever I smoke and then play frisbee I feel like I can "get in the zone" much easier. Last summer I spent a weekend in Alaska for a frisbee tournament and me and one of my teammates smoked before every game, during points, at halftime, after games and I played one of the best tournaments of my life stats wise while playing almost every point. I think it really depends on the person, as long as you are putting in the work to stay in shape then smoking weed won't really affect your lung capacity too much.

2. I'm not much of a factor into this discussion because I have only been smoking for 4 months, and I haven't smoked in excess of 3 days in a row. However, from my personal experience I have had no decrease in performance, or stamina or anything, EXCEPT an increase in lazyness. But thats normal :D

I am a very competitive swimmer, and I cannot afford to worsen any of my athletic capabilities, however when I record and observe my performance with and without being high, there is very slight differences, and those differences where made because I just wasn't trying as hard in practice. Thats all I can say.

I doubt that this "experiment" of mine will show different results from the ones I have described in the future, because if that was the case, it would already happen.

3. No, I play plenty of sports and stay active with cycling and working out and such, and I don't notice a lower performance ability. If you're really concerned, think about getting a vape.

4. Smoking increases lung capacity. When taking monstrous hits and make attempt to contain it for as long as possible, the expansion and contractions exercise lungs.

As for stamina, you would slow down quickly.. advise not to smoke blunts.

5. Well you can be sure that it wont help your lungs. It will probably mess with your stamina a little but i wouldnt be too worried.

6. You are still smoking so the adverse effects from that would be cardiovascular. Anyone that says inhaling smoke, from anything, is harmless they are completey full of shit.

7. I'm training martial arts pretty much full time other than work at night. I am thinking of going pro for some bouts and if weed will seriously slow my reaction time I'd like to know. I love them both but I don't wanna fuck myself up, if it does slow your reaction time do you know how long before your back to norm? Or do you got some facts that i could read over that supports this belief?

8. This ^^
    is absolutely correct.

Smoking does have impacts on your lungs, and we have not said otherwise. At least I didn't. I am simply stating as a fact that if I balance weed and active daily exercise, then I am set. If you are concerned as stated above you could get a vape and enjoy your weed in your state of mind without as much damage to your lungs. A good vape however, will be costly. It's your choice, if you wish to make a big investment into weed then by all means go ahead.

9. Weed really would only slow your reaction time if you were high whilst doing the activity you're doing which I imagine with you being so concerned, you wouldn't. My second opinion other than a vape, is to NOT smoke blunts, and possibly smoke less often if you are that concerned.

10. vapes are great if ur concerned about damaged to ur lungs, and for those of u who loves bongs like myself get a DBV and put that whip right into the downstem, nothing like a tasty milky vapor rip from a bong.

11. i play soccer competitively in tournaments...indoor..and a travleing team.. and my stamina isnt affected i just am waiting for my knee to fully recover so i can go 100% again in practice. until then i just try my best and keep going to gym to work out...thats all you can do is do your best when your trying to stay fit physcially as long as your not smoking everyday all day im sure you will be fine mate!

12. I alwas find that i can last a lot longer in the sack when I'm really blazed.

Oh wait, this is about hockey... :rolleyes: