Will a Sploof work in my situation?

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by pureleaf420, Mar 30, 2018.

1. I have been smoking freely in my apartment for a few months now and have only had my neighbor on the same floor as me tell me that she could smell the weed (not that she was upset or anything), but my routine didnt change and it hasn't seemed to bother her so far but that got me thinking about my upstairs neighbors, could they smell it? Im like 99% sure they can but if I used the basic "paper towel roll and dryer sheets" sploof would that help block/filter out the smell?

2. Why don't you just go & smoke outside then there is no smell in your apartment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I could, but Im just paranoid the smell will linger some how and my apartment manager has also asked me about the smell one day after I just finished a session, and he likes to spend a lot of time around the complex, working outside and such. But also I would hope the sploof works because Id like to play xbox while i smoke, or watch tv.

• Like Like x 1

4. Go for a walk & smoke a J lol, the smell won't be in your apartment thw only the smell will be from when you've grinded up your weed & you can cover that with some fabreeze lol

5. But like I wanna know if the sploof will actually work so I can smoke inside, I saw many sites saying its the most amazing thing and some saying its garbage and barely works.

6. Sploofs definitely work but you probably have to change out the dryer sheets in it a few times each sesh. Maybe not take such huge hits. You should get some of that ‘smoke away’ spray and put a towel at the door, open a window, etc. take precautions and maybe it won’t be strong enough to where they know where it’s coming from. Good luck bro!

7. Get a vaporizer. I just got a Firefly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

8. I used a sploofy for a good while. It’s a pre-made smoke filter like the smoke buddy. Also, a better solution for your area is to use a homemade ONA bucket. People use them for indoor grows but they can easily be use as a smoke filter you can use whatever fan size bucket size you feel comfortable with. That is best in my opinion.

9. I agree that you should get a vape. Vapes don't set off much of a smell and it doesn't last long at all.

10. If you have access to concentrates, wax won't result in a smell that spreads outside the room you are dabbing in. I'm not a fan of herb vapes unless you can afford a volcano. Idk some of you may disagree but I was really disappointed with most of the more affordable vapes.

That being said I lived in an apartment for 2 years and smoked constantly, no sploof, rarely used any sort of odor eliminating spray and none of my neighbors/management ever said anything, maybe I'm just lucky though :confused_2: :pimp:

11. #11 Quantary, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    Since I don't use dryer sheets, I had to come up with ways to smoke undetected. Joints will not work indoors, as there is no way to stop the smoke billowing out of the cherry end. Not everyone has a vaporizer so that leaves an air-cooled or water pipe.

To reduce the side-stream smoke to nearly zero, just pack a small bowl of finely ground bud. The smaller pieces should burn quickly so you don't waste lung space. It should be no more than you can take in without hacking your lungs out. Take a few deep breaths and light the bowl with the intent of burning all the weed in one toke. Once you have your lungs full, exhale through several layers of folded paper towel, on top of a small towel folded or rolled up. The paper towel protects the cloth from tar. The layers of paper and cloth trap even fine particles and smoke so someone in the next room wouldn't notice any smell.

If you have a bong or pipe, some screens for finely ground herb, and towels.you can be extremely stealthy.

12. Line your air ducts with drier sheets. The smell is getting through the air pathways between your apartments. It’ll be like having a sploof that you don’t have to blow into

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Yes a spoof will work just fine. No you don't have to change dryer sheets several times per session. It's best to jam a bunch of dryer sheets in a water bottle and then poke holes in the bottom for exhaust. You put as many as will fit without constricting flow to much.

14. Brotha, everyone around your apartment is smelling it lol

So as far as these go, I've never understood why people are using dryer sheets... Activated charcoal is cheap, and even beyond that, charcoal HVAC filters are available in most associated stores, buy one, rip it up, stuff it in a bottle.

That's going to be much more effective and last longer.

Free approach would be ghost hit. I did that while I was bed ridden for a while, it seemed to work alright. I'd ghost hit a few tokes and smoke a cigarette.

Easy approach would be box fan in the window, at least it's purged from your specific apartment, right now your apartment smells like weed, at least it'd just be around your apartment lol.

But yeah man... all directly adjacent neighbors are 99% guaranteed to smell it, it's probably just your downstairs neighbor that a) knows what they are smelling b) will actually say something. Who knows man, maybe they can be your new smoking buddy lol

But yeah, just put up a few dollars and go the activated carbon route.

15. Also, another solution I just started using is a 6” length of 1.5” pvc pipe with activated carbon inside and some type of breathable material on both ends rubberbanded to the pvc. Proven and super easy to change out. Great for rips in your whips!