Will a Seed From Purple Bud Grow Purple?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pokesmotallday, Dec 27, 2010.

1. I recently got a hold of some dark purple dank marijuana. I found a few seeds in the bag and saved them separate from the other seeds I sometimes occasionally come across in my bags of heady nugs.

If I germinate them and grow them, first off are they likely going to be feminized seeds? The marijuana was likely intended to be grown by the grower as sinsemillia but self-pollinated so does that mean all offspring are female? Also, when they get to flowering stage will the buds automatically be purple?

I have heard purple is just a stress thing so I wanted to be sure.

2. From what i know the purple color only comes from the plant getting too cold, so growing it won't produce purple bud unless you also let the plant get too cold.

3. Not true, genetics play a huge role in determining the color of the buds, then comes the environment. I have had some GDP that's straight green and orange and some that's almost black its so purple, but ya cold temps in late flowering will barney them up nice. ;)