Will A Plant Die Without Light For One Day?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by britishtokes, Aug 21, 2014.

1. So I'm going out and i wanna hide my plant in my stash area which is very dark

The reason is my family members have access to my house (my bro and sis do) and i don't want them to know.

It is only a 2 week old sprout with its first 2 jagged leafs

2. won't hurt it. it may stretch a bit tho

3. Thanks its only for 6 hours so i guess ur right

4. So let me understand... R u asking if 6 hrs of darkness will harm your plants??? Im new to this but wouldn't that be like 18/6.

A blunt a day keeps the doctors away!

5. #5 lFourTwenty, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014

Very good   :smoke:

6. Ahh i thought sprouts needed 24/7 light

7. 18/6... Is it ok for a young plant? I have mine on 24/0 but i ddnt think i had to have it on 24hrs...

A blunt a day keeps the doctors away!

8. Well I have heard that 18/6 is better than 24/0. I guess its makes the plant grow faster and gives it a lil break but could be wrong either way 6 hours of dark would not harm the plant

9. It won't die...some people go 24/0 in the seedling phase but 18/6 is fine as well. I prefer 18/6 because plants do most of their growing in hours of darkness. Either way you'll be fine

"It ain't going to grow itself"

10. Well it died ffs lol next time imma just set up a half decent grow room with all the nutes and soil and lamps

Your plant probably isn't dead..put it back in the light it might perk back up

12. nahh the stem was brown at the bottom and it was really thin