Will a mars hydro 300w led be suffient for a 3x2x4 grow box

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by The-general, Dec 4, 2016.

1. This is the light I want to purchase for my newly built grow box will this be enough light for two or three plants. Again the box is 3x2x4 in feet.

• Like Like x 1
  2. It should be fine for the space. But I think most people will tell you to only grow 1 plant in a space that size. At least that's what I've been told for my space, and I'm using 3x3x5. But take my comments with a grain of salt, I'm new to this as well. I have a stronger light though, 900w viparspectra led.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. No you need 3 I ran 2 with a 400 watt metal halide in between got decent results in a 2 x 4

4. What about a 600w same dimensions but one or two pants. I am new to indoor not outdoor though and am on a tight budget, however I do want to do it right .

• Like Like x 1
  5. Have the same exact one actually, you can pull two plants on it. I wouldn't go over that though, I think it's about 142 actual watts.

6. thanks for the help

• Like Like x 1
  7. Glad to help. I was skeptical about ordering this due to it being cheaper, but they have a year long warranty that they are pretty nice about honoring and good reviews. Still works great for me. As long as it can get me through a few more grows I can't complain :D

• Like Like x 2
  8. I was skeptical as well at first because of the cheap price but after a little research is seems legit I think I will go with it for now at least for my first few indoor grows

• Like Like x 1
  9. Two would be much better but 1 will do the trick. This is my Cherry Bomb autoflower grown under 1 MarsHydro 300w(old model), yield was 225 grams(7.95oz) dry.

71_CherryBomb.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Hi @The-general I'm Sara from Mars Hydro. I don't think it is enough. the coverage of mars 300 is 2'x2'. the actual wattage is about 130w. two will be better.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mars 600 will be better. the coverage is 2.5'x2' (Veg), 2'x1.5' (Flowering),
    The actual wattage is about 270w

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks everyone but I got another question not pertaining to lighting. Instead of using plywood for my box would it be ok to just frame it out with 2x4s and then wrap the outside with heavy duty plastic and the line the inside with white rhino lining? The reason I ask is because skipping the plywood would make my box much more light weight.

13. Where did you get the seeds from? That looks amazing.

14. How the heck you get such a giant auto ?

15. #17 HotBunz, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    Thanks but the Cherry Bomb is not even my biggest auto. The Mephisto Grape Crinkle autos are just awesome . Yield on the first one was 353 grams dry( 12.47oz )I really believe with better light and more space a Grape Crinkle will do 1 pound. Lots of 1 pound autos on the auto only website. These were both 71 days from sprout to chop. With 1 MarsHydro 300w old model 174w at the wall) and my simple DIY Cree cxb3590 COB LED(104w at the wall)

Grape_day71_2.jpg GC2_day70_2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Did you happen to see my question about where to get cherry bomb seeds? Or can you not share that info? Would love to try and grow that strain.

17. Sorry I missed that. It's just Bomb Seeds Cherry Bomb autoflower. I purchased mine from Attitude.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thank you sir!