Will a guitar pick work instead of a coin inside of a grinder.

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Rahstas, May 22, 2012.

1. Would a guitar pick help you get more kief out of your grinder like a coin does?

2. Not really dude.. Doesn't weigh enough.
    But can you really not find a penny lying around?

But if you cut a guitar pick in a sort of "L" rake-ish shape, you can use it to scoop kief from your grinder.

3. of course i could get a coin, a guitar pick just seems cooler though and it could be used to scrape up the kief

4. You could try it man, nobody is stopping you :p.

I just don't think it has enough weight to it; wouldn't move much when you shake your grinder.

I just use a penny or a dime, they move better because they are circular.

But like i said, nobody is stopping you from trying it, it may work well with the pick you have..

5. maybe an extra thick one .

6. Sure why not

7. I agree. It might help a very, very tiny amount, but probably not even to a noticeable degree.

You need something heavier. I use a nickel in mine.

8. I've never been one to join in with the coin in the grinder thing. A noticeable difference?

9. Yes, in fact it's far better. I've always used a guitar pick and don't understand why people use coins....coins are easily some of the grossest things on the planet.

10. agreed rule number 1 of owning a multipart grinder is dont finger up the screen so people putting something thousands of random people have handled doesnt make sense

11. You guys know you can clean a coin, right? :p

12. #12 YoSmokinMan, May 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2012
    Why do you guys want to take the trichs off the bud you are smoking? This makes no sense to me. Use shake for keif keep the trichs on the bud!

Not to mention keif doesn't store well at all in the grinder.

That pile of keif that you just had to remove from the bud for whatever the hell reason is now sitting in the grinder oxidizing away at a much faster rate then it would have otherwise because the grinders teeth and this coin destroy the trichomes.

A grinder is one of the worst ways to collect keif. Fact.

If you can't tell I'm not a fan of grinders at all especially ones with a coin in them.

Just make a small dry sifter if you want to take the trichs off bud you'll be smoking.