Will a black light work

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Grassmann1, Oct 8, 2003.

1. i mean u both gotta point ya he prolly shoulda done more research but you dont gotta put him on blast like that bro... its just not cool. i mean smoke a blunt and then think about how u would want ur question answered you could solve alot that way :smoke:

p.s. yes i am stoned

2. are you fucking joking

3. cant beleive this thread is still going.............yeah sure use fluros, grow some "form" of weed, but get like 10% of the possible yield due to using fluros.........sorry but i like my 7oz of bud from my 4-5 plants, compared to fluros.......lets see yields like that from fluros on 4-5 plants........without like 10-20 fluros..........Peace out.............Sid

4. uv rays are bad for your eyes!

5. blacklights only produce violet light... plants need red and blue..
    and by the way plants dont need green light, the reason plants are green is because they reflect the green light and absorb the red and blue

• Like Like x 1
  6. Current studies suggest that pot creates trichomes as a means of defense against UV light. While you could never use it for growing, another approach to this would be to apply it to your plants in addition to the grow lights.

The results are amazing. After the plants are around a month old you can begin. Blast em with the UV for five minutes, twice a day. After a week make it three times. You want to gradually increase this until you reach thirty min three times a day. All the way through flowering. Any more time each day and you risk burning the plants. This will cause trichomes to develop ALL THE WAY ACCROSS EVERY LEAF. Can you say BUBBLE?

So....... Yes, you can use that UV light.

7. RIGHT ON THE BUTTON!!!! hey JUSUMGUY would you mind posting that under indoor a thread started by me about black lights? and a source would really be good too. thanks man!

BUT for this thread i stand with you! black lights can be used in a very beneficial way to gain thc! but not alone.. they dont put out shit for lumens and they dont have the required spectrum/s as you mentoined more red for flower and blue for veg. you must use in conjunction with hps.. im so high

8. Well if you plan on growing with a black light, dont try it. Use the lights the act as the sun. But you also have to think, when your plant is growing outside the moon has a impact on its growing and health, so i might recomend you use a black light on nights that there is a full moon outside and well you never no the result could be some better buds.
    :smoking:

9. Sorry to push this thread more, but:

Considering black lights do emit some violet-blue and violet light that falls under the absorbance curve of chloraphyll, you can't say this light does nothing. Considering most of the light is UV though and there is a blue coating on the outside, I'd still call this a lousy light.

One interesting flouro tube i've been wanting to try though is coralife actinic 100% blue. It uses 100% blue phosphers that emit at around 430nm. Ofcourse they're not bright because humans can hardly see 430nm, but plants LOVE 430nm. (and 660nm)

If only they had 100% red 660nm tubes as well. They would make the ultimate combination of flouro tubes. maybe when people finally start understanding that:

LUMANS ARE FOR HUMANS. You can make your plants as bright as you want if you want i guess but plants don't really like yellow or green. Yellow and green just happen to look really bright to humans, but in reality this is just where your cones like to absorb light the best. Plants "cones" absorb light best at 430nm and 660n and we can hardly see those colors because they're far from our cones peak absorbance. Plants cones however are AT 430 and 660nm and what seems really dim to you is very bright to them.

flumens and blumens vs lumens!!

10. well considering im still fairly new at growing and this thread just keeps getting more confusing, ill stick to the tried and true methods until i see some pics

11. Few of our members have been using uvb w/ great success. :)

http://greenmanspage.com/guides/thc.html

12. oh man......."This old chestnut!"..........lol..........Peace out.........Sid

13. Still going:rolleyes: ....hey sid good to see you still poppin' in from time to time

14. It's in here somewhere but blacklights are actually useful when growing.... helps you check on fungi growth or whatever... reading it kinda makes ya wonder about what your smoking thou so you might wanna keep your eyes virgin like I wish I did lol.

http://nepenthes.lycaeum.org/Plants/Cannabis/preserve.html

15. update, i used a black light for fun on a shit seed, and well it works but it sucks ass.

i used it on there for about a week for fun =)

16. Good on you for asking a question boss that is what a community is there for. Dont diss the poor soul.
    Toke it up.

17. I think I read in Ask Ed that you can use black lights during your dark cycle to boost THC production.

I've never done it myself though.

18. Lmao, so many ppl ask that question XD. Think about it, using lights to grow your plant is the art of imitating the sun, is a black light very sun like?

19. dude postin this sounds like the police