Will a black light work

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Grassmann1, Oct 8, 2003.

1. I've had the same issue before. I always used to have it be too hot during the day cycle and too cold at night. I combated that by running my 12/12 cycle from 7PM-AM. so the light is on durin the night because the temp outside is cooler at night so during the day, which is the plants night, it's warmer outside. I also use a little space heater in my flower tent. It's just a very small little thing I got from Walmart. It was like 15 bucks. It has a thermostat so you just play with it for a day or two to get it to turn on when it drops to like 69 degrees and then will cut back off once I'm back up to like 72, that's the key, is the built in thermostat on the heater.

2. forums are to ask questions, so peace!!
    sometimes it helps to have you questions answered and not be told to search for it, if thats the case hell lets make a search forum! lol

3. #223 azmmj480, May 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
    DierWolf.. your 100% right!!! I might be just only be 6 months into growing but from all the times going to the local growing/hydroponic store talking to their experts telling me about the importance of color spectrums to the different growing stages!!! I saw first hand when I went from 2x 125watt CFLs to a 600watt MH/HPS with the amount of new growth every day!!

4. take out the black bulb bust it go to walmart and get a grow lamp  to fit it

5. I know blacklights aren't for growing, but my main source of light in my bedroom is 2 strip blacklights, could i keep them on if i go into my grow closet much like a green bulb? 

6. yes and fare as the uv shit yes it streeses the plant a little bit but it cuases it to produce more of its natural deffence chemicals witch are trics and resan glands bringing up ur thc and cbd cbn leavels so yes they will work but a suplimental tight not a primary sorce of light and u will want to keep them at 12-18in from ur pants so its not to intens....

and al u ass holes that dont like to help this isa place to talk about the growing scean and all of it so if ur gonna be an ass keep ur mouth shut all google is is a place where people have gathered info for people to share  yes some things should be found there but alot can be asked from here .....      so ask anything importent or simple... basics proly gonna want to hit up google peace out guys...

7. X2

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Its too tempting to ask.
    Does ANYONE have any experience trying this out?
    Just curious :smoking:

9. Yes. I tried it back when i was 15. Couldn't even keep seedlings alive.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Wrong. You forgot white spectrum.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. No man, If you want to use a light for growing then stick to CFL's or if you want a UV then get a UV Grow light as blacklights aren't the right spectrum. But on the bright side you can have fun with your black lights !

12. check dates man

13. how is this discussion still going on??? and why the hell is it stickied?

14. No wayyyyyyyyyy..2 plants max per sq... forgetting they get bigger people? ?...Sent from my SPH-M840 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. #235 patriofarmer, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013

I joined in 07, saw this exact question in the form of a new thread over and over.  Pretty sure that's why.  It is painful to read.

• Like Like x 4
  16. UV Light does help kill bacteria in water so if you have any light getting into your resevoirs or have a bucket of water open for humidity this will decrease bacteria activity. About its only use in growing, everything with water should blacked out anyways.

17. Using 5 26w 2700k daylight cfl's, and the 2 hanging on the right are 10.0 uvb lizard bulbs from petsmart. Lol

Sent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

18. Are your plants coated in resin?

19. Only got the one on the right now, left one turned out male. There are some crystals on the leaves, pretty amazing considering they're just bag seeds..

Sent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. black lights work i wouldnt recommend them to use forever but if you have a light like go out or some shit it should work for a lil while i know from experience itll work

Sent from my SCH-R740C using Grasscity Forum mobile app