Will a 90w LED UFO..?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by HERBwarrior, Aug 2, 2010.

1. hey guys..sorry to come on like a pompass ass...i believe that growin is all about adapting your grow area to produce as much dank as ya can..i dont worry about smell or stealth too much...so my case might not apply to your grow.....leds...their gettin' better..they veg great...if you were to suppliment the ufo with a few 2700k cfls during flower the resulst could be great..check ufo grows out..see what peeps are doin..would love ta check your grow...and if i can ever help..pm me:smoke:peace deacon:hippie:

2. Very old thread but somebody tried to plant with an UFO LED an cfls?

3. #23 corduroyew, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014

I agree with what you said about 1 watt LED's not being enough to adequately feed a plant past veg.  The 90 watt and bigger UFO's I've seen use 3 watt leds though.  3 watt LED's bulbs in a UFO grow lamp should be plenty for 1 plant.  I've used a 300 watt led light for a 4 foot square tent with 4 plants in it and it worked great so 100 watt per foot isn't needed and neither is 100 per plant.  One of the major issues with using a UFO for 2 plants is that you have to pull it far enough away that it could just as easily light 4 plants just to get the light to cover two.  That means using a UFO for 2 plants isn't going to work any better than it would for 4 and there is no way a 90 watt UFO could supply light to 4 flowering females.

4. My 1st ever grow a few months ago was a nirvana auto bubblelicious... I used a 180 watt full spectrum ufo and 2 23watt 2700k cfl's... kept the lights close to plant top to get max lumens without burning or bleaching the plant...

got some rock hard dense good nugs up top..

dry weight was 29.3 grams.... granted that was grown in soil start to finish in a 1.3gallon container..

This time around I started 100% organic in a 3.5 gallon container but still using the same lighting.. Im hoping this time around to get 2 oz's.

I'll say this... with a 90 watt or 180 watt ufo I would not do more than 2 plants... and ever with my 180 watt ufo I would never ever try to flower till the end with it... I'd use a 90 watt ufo and buy two Y splittler bulb sockets... use your ufo up top and 2 cfls on each side (4 total) during flowering and I'd bet you get 2 good plants and yield a QP of really good nugs..

If you dont wanna go organic and would like to get good nugs on the cheap than you could use what I used 1st time around.. That would be using only dynagro bloom... dyna-gro bloom works fantastic, but you HAVE to make sure you flush super well.. any trace left in the plant and you'll taste it in the nugs.

5. just buy two white marshydro 300w for about $120 free shipping and enjoy the blurple glow and watch them grow

6. I think you could grow 8 plants under 1 ufo, they would stretch out for the light then all topple over from their own weight, the buds may look a little funny but they would smoke tho..

I'd do like 10 ufo's per plant, completely surrounding it..

Currently running 4 plants 12-14" away from a 1k watt hid and it's not enough light!