Will a 1000 watt mh/Hps cover a grow room area of 80x80X80?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Meno-grower, Oct 12, 2016.

1. So i just ordered a 80x80x80 grow tent its 6'7x6'7x6'7 and i also have a 1000 watt mh hps i was planning on using in that tent but i was just wondering would that light be enough ? Any help would be appreciated tnks

2. i thing ideally ya want something like 1000w over a 4x4 area, but i think your size will be in no way awful

3. It will work great as long as you have good ventilation

4. It would be fine but what ever is outside that 4x4-5x5 foot print will be recieving really weak lighting. If you with able to get a higher height level tent...you can use de light...you'll get a great yeild out of that little tent.

5. Thanks everyone

6. Depending on the strains and how dense they are. Maybe think about adding one or two 4 foot 4 bulb t-5 lights to supplement and if you add extra lights rotate plants around?

Sprouting since 77 and I still remind myself "it's a weed just let it grow"

7. The strains are blue kush , blue widow by dinafem seeds and purple trainwreck by humboldt seeds. I was planning on scrogging all 3

8. 1000w is great for 3 plants as long as you keep it within the 4x4 or 5x5 perimeter. Having extra space in your text is also great so you can move around and do maintenance on all the plants which can sometimes be difficult in a jam packed tent using scrog.
    Good luck with the grow!