Will 835 Lumens be enough?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by CapNCosmos, Sep 6, 2012.

1. I'm trying to grow 2 plants, in a small growbox. Should 1 835 lumens bulb be enough????

2. One cfl bulb has like 2000 lumens. So I'd say no. Lol.

3. [quote name='"ExtremelyStiff"']One cfl bulb has like 2000 lumens. So I'd say no. Lol.[/quote]

Well now I'm finding that one plant will max this box... Tall rather than wide. I mean, even with it lined in tin foil??

4. No, that is simply not enough light. I guess it depends on how much you want to yield. The sun puts out about 10,000 lumens per square foot so therefor we want to get as close to that as we possibly can. I would suggest to invest in a MH/HPS light. The more light you have, the more plant and bud growth you will get.

5. [quote name='"rizzo30"']No, that is simply not enough light. I guess it depends on how much you want to yield. The sun puts out about 10,000 lumens per square foot so therefor we want to get as close to that as we possibly can. I would suggest to invest in a MH/HPS light. The more light you have, the more plant and bud growth you will get.[/quote]

Would growing outside at this time of year be suicide for my plant?

6. It depends on how big they are. Daylight is decreasing where I am located which means that they will start flowering just due to the lack of light. Wild canibus plants have already been flowering for a good month where I am at. If you want them to veg still, keep them indoors with artificial light.

7. [quote name='"rizzo30"']

It depends on how big they are. Daylight is decreasing where I am located which means that they will start flowering just due to the lack of light. Wild canibus plants have already been flowering for a good month where I am at. If you want them to veg still, keep them indoors with artificial light.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice man! I'll do what I can

8. No that's far too low, you should aim for at least 2-3k lumens, although 5k would be more sufficient.

9. [quote name='"morange"']No that's far too low, you should aim for at least 2-3k lumens, although 5k would be more sufficient.[/quote]

I'm trying to keep it as low profile as possible (dea came in and busted 15 grow ops where I live and pot's growing scarce...) but I don't want to stress them... So 835per plant is too low?..

10. Not a problem. I'm happy to help out when I can.

11. Yeah definitely too low. Also you need to understand that lumens isn't related to watts, 5k lumens is really not that much. My grow is using over 50k lumens and I'm not even close to a big enough setup to even be a blip on the radar for the dea. Lumens is what the plants use for energy, whereas watts is how we measure the energy consumption of the light. If you look at the package the bulb came in, it should say the watt consumption and also the lumen output. A 26w CFL bulb will have about 1,600 lumens, and a single cannabis plant should have 3000-5000 lumens total, about 100 watts per plant.

12. Yes, thats way too low. I'm using 55,000 lumens right now on just two plants. It all depends on what you want for yield. I am trying to shoot for 4 to 5 oz per plant so I need a lot of light. Don't worry about the DEA. They are going to go after the huge grow ops that got 30k watts of lights going. Their house would probably look like an oven on their infared camera I bet. lol Seriously though, having a 400, 600, or even a 1000 watt light running in your house is nothing. My Window AC unit eats up 1500 watts and it runs 18 hours a day just to keep things cool in here. I never hear anything from the power company. Just pay your bill.

13. Also, do not line your grow box with tinfoil, it can create hotspots and burn your ladies!

14. [quote name='"katattack"']Also, do not line your grow box with tinfoil, it can create hotspots and burn your ladies![/quote]

Oh shit... That's exactly what I did.

15. Use mylar or if you can flat white paint!