Will 24 hours off darkness ruin my crop?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dazeeman, Sep 1, 2019.

1. So I am most likely having to leave my home due to the hurricane . We have been put in a mandatory evacuation starting monday at 8 am. I will stay as long as I can but if it gets bad im gonna have to leave . My concern is if power does go out,i wont be able to run my generator til the storm passes or does whatever. There may be a 24-48 hr period i wont have lights and ac. Im in week 6 of flower.
    What will happen with 1 or 2 days of no light?

2. That wont hurt anything

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Thanks. Hope I won't need to,but good to know it will be ok. One less thing to stress over.

4. Won't hurt a thing. I live in the sticks, power outages happen.

5. you are good once they have started to flower.
    there is no turning back.

good luck

6. Thanks. No way to know how bad the weather is gonna get til Dorian makes up her mind. I'm in the North East Coast of Florida. Fingers crossed!

7. My last indoor went 3 days without lights or heat, yes heat. I live in the UP of michigan and a ice storm took out my power for 3 days, that mental no heat, water, nothing for 3 days, they were about 4 weeks in flower, didnt notice anything but the hairs all went amber quick, also one plant ended up all pinks and purps. Kept growing that way till harvest.

8. Most people keep their plants they are about to harvest in 24 hours of darkness. Doesnt hurt it. But as for week 6 i dunno if itll hurt it.

9. Luckily the Hurricane just skated by us offshore. Never lost power. Thanks for the replies. These flowers are frosting up. Actually day 34 in flower today. 20190904_093710.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. Glad you're OK ! Plants looking great....

• Agree Agree x 1

11. Thanks
    Got another tropical depression heading my way.
    Wish me luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. i have gone 5 days ! i was shitting my self they we were fine

13. ... just like a cloudy, rainy day...