Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wildwills Glycerin Tincture How-To

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by WildWill, Aug 22, 2010.

1. I obsessed on this thread awhile back and did two trials to make the stuff.  Unfortunately it was so mild it wasn't worthwhile.

2. I am as well - want to reuse the "poo" if possible. Also the everclear wash from cleaning the vape.

I'm keen to make it all into something that would work in for an e-cig (since they're everywhere )

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. #1103 HC88, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014

Hmm maybe my 6-9 grams per ounce is not so crazy then? Idk....wish more people tried this haha...  :yummy:

GrassBurger how much did you use?

4. I am a registered marijuana cardholder. My grower supplies me with a cold pressed tincture he never heats. He uses glycerin and nice trim. sets and turns the jars daily for 3 months. Then runs it through a old press. Does this cold method bring out the desired amount of thc ?    

If it was decarbed first, or he had the jars in the sun (either of those would use some heat) otherwise, I think you're getting THCA, but it should be bioavailable

6. First off, thank you OP. Awesome thread.

I am olanning on making a tincture with a 3 g FLOWER  / 1 fl oz VG ratio
    How powerful would this be? Has anyone made any of this?

I'm using an ounce of high quality nugs. So i expect a tincutre of 9 ozs. More or less.
    So that 28 grams to 9 or 11 oz's of VG.
    I am also going to add some Soy Lecithin to the mix!

I will let y'all know, add some pics and a few test tirals and subjects! But please, any inpt before i make this next week would be awesome!
    I also plan on soaking the plant matter in another run, but that time with maybe 6 grams per ounce ratio.

7. Hello I would like to make a thc vg/pg tincture to vape discreetly. Please help me out as I'm new to this and this will be my first batch. I don't know where to put this I thought this would be a good place... So I'm going to grind up 3.5 grams into a ceramic bwl wrapped in foil into the oven at 212F for 30 min to decarb.
    Then put it in a mason jar filled with vg. I'm not sure the ratio but I want 5-10 hits to get you high. ( I smoke everyday) I heard to use pg to help. I want 32ml total because I'm doing 1 gram for every 8ml( and I have 4grams)So I'll do 22ml vg and 10ml pg. please help me on the ratio. After its in the jar I'm going to put it in a crockpot on top of a ceramic ramiken so I don't burn the weed. I will fill the crock pot with water up to the glycerin and keep the lid off so the water dosent get to hot(the lid on the jar is sealed tho). Then I only have 4 hours to cook it and mix it every 20 min. So I'm going to keep it in a dark cool place and cook it the next day for 4 hours and then drain it with a cheese cloth. Any help advice would be much appreciated and if I should move this to another thread lmk please and thanks... (How do I flavour it?)

8. #1108 puff puff kush, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
    A

9. Even tho no one has read my post I'm going to say for future readers wild wills recipe def works when you see mine above its a lil diff with ratios and what not but I use it to vape and I love it taste great smells better so no one knows and if you are thinking about doing def do it because once you accomplish it you will see so many doors open of other creations and solvents you can make;)

Share the kush....

10. What's a good ratio of rso to vegetable glycerin? It's around 70% cannabonoids

11. #1111 dealwithit, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2015
    And I decarboxylated my bho, mixed it on low heat over night and then some, but when. I poured it into my drink I still saw stuff floating on top.
    Do I have to leave it in longer with the glycerin?

12. Yea, i dont know what all the racket is about. This is about the easiest thing to do.. Cant imagine a way to ruin it. I just filled a small crock with chopped up bud and trim up to the top and fill to the top with tlycerin. about a half oz of bud and about 14 oz glycerin. Heated it for about four hours the first night. Stirring every hour or so. Turned it off at night and the next day after work I plugged it in for about four hours again. Again turned it off over night and after work I heated it again for about five or six hours then strained through cheesecloth and bam. A nice tincture. I use about a dropper full under the tongue and never have slept better. Never tried it before by itself, Im always drinking and smoking before use. Could try it right now as its only 6:30 am on a sunday but I'm afraid it will make me tired. Easy ass stuff to make.

13. I got some ting from a friend and I'm awesome with edibles so I'm gonna be trying to make some with my banana og kush.. I'm def trying this recipe! Thanks wildwill!

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

14. If I use buds how much should I use for 16oz of vegetable glycerine

15. I used a quarter ounce of decarbed buds on low for a few hrs been on warm for over 24hrs gonna strain it in the morning :) I how I didn't destroy the terpenes by forgetting it on low for a few hrs..

16. I wouldn't use any less than 14g of bud per 8 ounces (1 cup) of glycerine. I have been told and have also read that glycerine takes a long time to bond correctly. The heating method has not been the best method for this. The cold extraction over a period of 2-4 months is best. Then, it can also be decarboxylated at 235 for an hour.

17. Gunna be trying this as something different to do with my AVB soon. I will probably do at least a 2-3 g avb per oz of glycerin after reading some of this thread and see how that works.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Last batch I made I used the crockpot method which produced a very good product. I then took that product and put it in with another batch of trim(about a quarter ounce or so from what I remember) and left it in a closet for about 9 months. Very nice batch.

19. Just use the oil by itself unless your trying to flavor it there would b no real reason t do this to it and ya gotta use heat im pretty sure could b wrong

20. I've been experimenting with various methods of medicating that don't involve smoking. So far I have done an alcohol extract and evaporated the alcohol leaving about a gram of concentrate from .25 oz of high quality cannabis. My intent was to add that to my glycerin tincture and make ejuice out of it, but once the alcohol was evaporated completely from the concentrate I couldn't get it to incorperate into the VG/PG mixture. The result was pretty weak.

So my next trial will involve reducing the alcohol to a small amount, then adding the VG tincture and buring off the rest of the alcohol. I'm hoping to get a nice strong ejuice. What I have now is good for toking on all day, but I am treating anxiety so I need a quick delivery option as well.