Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wildwills Glycerin Tincture How-To

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by WildWill, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Sure, but the setting does have something to do with it in that once you learn what setting is what temperature you know in the future what to set it on ;)

Use a candy thermometer to 'calibrate' any given system until you have your method dialed in and you're golden :)

2. #82 Dtowndank, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010
    Thanks sorry guys I just wanted to check real fast while I was looking for my thermometer, I found it but then it took me another 30 min to find a battery lol... I just checked it twice it with the crock pot on low and it topped out at 221 so I figured I should turn it back down to warm... I wasn't sure if this 1 degree would make a difference..

Edit: well after I turned it down to warm the temp rose to 225, I really hope I didn't fuck this up...

3. OSG, You're the most informative person i've found on this forum.

+1,000,000 rep to you

4. Agreed. Osg and august west are the reason I got on grasscity instead of just browsing like I do other sites

5. My potion is cooling. I am so glad I cooked this stuff out in the shop because it STINKS! The whole shop stinks. I'm going to have to open the shop doors and turn the fans on while I'm bottling the stuff to get the stench out. I had to call my husband at work to warn him so he wouldn't bring someone home from work with him to work on something out there. He does that all the time. Today would not have been the day to do that...lol!

Obviously, I haven't dosed yet. However, a couple of hours ago, I went out there to stir the pot. After I stirred things up, I blew on the big spoon to cool it off, then I licked it clean. My mouth went numb! At present, I have strep throat. My sore throat is gone! I cannot wait to find out what this will do for my muscle and joint pain after a real dose.

6. Have you ever made this with freshie freshertons? i have an event that i need to attend in a couple of days that i would like to bring this to. no time for curing. if so, do the instructions differ? thanks.

7. Wildwill, thanks again for the recipe. I finished my batch yesterday. It made a little over 10 oz's of tincture. It is fairly strong, one teaspoon is an effective dose. After I strained the plant material I did an iso wash of the left over material. I'm waiting on the oil to evaporate. I had great results mixing the tincture in tea, it covered up the god awful taste of the tincture. It was pretty good to smoke too. Drop it on some ground up bud let it set in for a min and then loaded it into a bowl. It made it burn very slow and produced very thick white clouds of smoke...

8. Okay, I need tips on how to hold this stuff down. So far, I keep throwing it up. Chronic vomiting is part of my condition. If I can't hold this stuff down, it can't help me. So help me out guys. What can I mix this stuff in that I can stomach? Please! I'm almost desperate for help here.

9. #89 Dtowndank, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2010
    Pearl, I'm really sorry to hear that. I suffer from severe nausea as well and if I don't stay medicated enough I can't hold down a meal or even stand to eat. Teas worked great for me, twice I mixed it in with a hot cup of green tea, the third and fourth time I just used regular sweet iced tea in a bottle and shook it with the tincture in there. Try a tea and see if that works, but any other drink would work I would think as glycerine is water soluble (someone please verify).

You could also try medicating a different way to help get over your nausea until the tincture begins to take effect.

Edit: have you tried using Ginger or Ginger root to help with your nausea? I've read good things but never tried it myself. A tea infused with tincture and Ginger might be pretty tasty as well as easy on the stomach.

10. :hello:

11. Sweet!!! Thanks imcinasty!!!

I would +rep but It won't let me from my phone :)

12. Wow I'm really sorry to hear that Pearl. I would also recommend you use it as a sweetner in teas or hot beverages. I don't have any nausea issues, so I can't help further, but I'm sure other blades will have better ideas.

13. Sorry for answering in the wrong thread, but to address the odor issue, a bag of microwave popcorn is all it takes. A friend recently suggested popping a bag when making cannabutter and it really works! And the resulting cache of munchies is also welcomed with much enthusiasm. LOL Peace

14. Oh man one time I tried making this shit,
    FAILED miserably. Let that sit for like 12 hours, testing it every couple.

I still have some glycerine,
    what do you think is a good Green : Glycerine ratio?

15. I think 1 gram per fluid oz of glycerine would probably make a pretty decent batch. I made mine with about 30 grams of material and 14 fl oz's of glycerine. Mine came out pretty strong, one teaspoon is enough for one dose and that one dose last for quite a few hours. I'm sure I could have used less material and still had a fairly decent batch.

So do you know what you did wrong or did the tincture just turn out bad or what? Elaborate on your fail so we can help you for next time.

16. My tincture turned out horrible. Once it is cooled, it's too thick a liquid to put under the tongue. It's thicker than cough syrup. The taste is so bad I cannot stomach it and I throw it up. I don't think glycerin tincs are for me. I mixed a couple of table spoons in a mug of hot tea, and was able to drink it, but I felt zero effects from it. I wish I had better news to report. I was really looking forward to feeling the effects of a tincture since I'm in so much pain. No pain relief, and no nausea relief from this tinc. I cannot imagine what I did wrong though. I put the glycerin and not quite an Oz of mj in a small crockpot on low for 8 hours, and I stirred it every hour. :confused_2:

17. #97 Communisaurus, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2010
    what I did:

filled a crockpot with water, and got it to a stable 164 degrees F

I think got a little plastic jar, put a little over a ground up gram in, and enough glycerin to cover the bud.
    let it sit, checking the temp every hours,
    and no luck.

should I have made it hotter or something?
    cause i still have this glycerin haha.

200th post BTW

18. ... I'm noticing a lot of failed attempts. I'm kind of standoffish now until we get some clarification on how this could have gone wrong SO QUICKLY.

Any help?

19. #99 ToastyRoadie, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2010

The reason I use the green dragon method first is because the ethanol is more effective at breaking down the trichs, very nicely, I might add. I usually boil off most of the everclear in a hot water bath as it evaporates at 170*F, (use much caution, research it if you're not familiar with this) I now only use hash as it's easier to dose, I do 1/2 gram of hash per 1 ounce bottle. One bottle lasts me two days easy.
    I reduce it and mix with distilled water, candy flavoring and glycerine, it's really good stuff, better than any cough syrup, lol, and can be taken under the tongue in small amounts, like 1/4 teaspoon. The strength can be varied by how much hash is used.

I like to use 1/2 gram of hash per bottle but have seen others use up to a gram of hash per one ounce bottle and measure in drops to dose, :eek:, yeah, drops from a little dropper.:cool::smoke:

Try this, it's known as a propylene glycol based tincture. Mixing vegetable glycerine and ethanol will give you propylene glycol, a known food additive. I also add distilled water and Loran propylene glycol based flavors (hard candy flavoring) to the hash. Good stuff for sure and potent.:smoke:

I like to use the bubble bags to make hash out of the MJ, making sure to press all the water out. I find it's easier to measure how much is going into the tincture. I have also found that one quarter of some good stuff is about 1 gram of hash when ran through the bags. I use 2parts glycerine to 1part distilled water to 1part everclear as the base.

If not able to use bags, then convert the bud to hash using the green dragon method, again using the 1 quarter ounce to 1gram of hash conversion, not as accurate as bubble bags but not too far off. One plus is you won't have to mix it as much to break down the trichs by using the green dragon method of extraction. Boil off as much of the everclear needed to get the right mixture.

If I use one gram of hash, it gives me two one ounce bottles of tincture, just multiply using the formula if you have more bud or hash to make tincture with. I like that I can make it in small amounts if necessary. I have seen others use one gram of hash for a one ounce bottle of tincture but prefer two bottles tincture.:D

I start by putting the hash in the oven at 300*F for ten minutes to decarboxylate and then add it to two ounces of the ever clear to break it down. I shake it in a canning jar with a wire whisk ball inside to help break down the hash, which usually takes a few hours of good shaking.

I then reduce the everclear by boiling most of it off in a hot water bath (use much caution, research it if you're not familiar with this, it's easy just be safe and again, research) to one half ounce and add one half ounce of distilled water and one ounce of vegetable glycerine. I then shake it well and add it to my little dropper bottles. I also started adding the Loran flavorings, good stuff, I like the pomegranite and watermelon. I add about 4 drops of flavoring to 1 ounce bottle of tincture.

Excellent to use sublingually and the flavorings make a huge difference. My wife uses it for migrains, usually one half of a dropper is good for her, 15ml I believe.[​IMG]

My brother uses the atomizer spray bottle, I prefer the dropper but sometimes use the spray bottle. Using the everclear to break it down as much as possible, helps to keep the nozzle from clogging if you choose the sprayer, so leave it and shake it longer.

I hope this helps, if any of you have any questions, just post. I find the glycerine alone too strong for me, just like the green dragon. This method is most excellent.;)

Peace...:smoke:

20. I think the reason some of the people that tried to make this are failing is because they didn't follow WildWill's directions all that good. As for Pearl, i am very sorry to hear that=( Can you tell us your exact steps, maybe Will can help you out....?