Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wildwills Glycerin Tincture How-To

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by WildWill, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Made a batch with mids with like 4g's. Great for pain very clear high. I think mine would be best with like 3-4 drops. I mixed to a slurry and cooked for 9-10 hours on a wok heater.

2. Yeah Will knows where it's at with regards to medicine. It's a very good recipe.

3. #63 Hoova, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2010
    Just got home from work, decided id give the stuff a try. i had about half a tablespoon, poured it in my mouth and tried to hold it under my tongue for as long as possible then swallowed. is that the best way to do it? thanks

edit: lol i got bored waiting to see if it would work and loaded a baby bowl in my champ of a pipe :) http://www.vaporizerforums.com/members/coinjumper-albums-glass-vapor-genie-picture27-glass-vg-top-off.jpg i just dont use the vaporizer top some times. it milks so much and its so soft its crazy :smoking: but anyways i did that now im on like cloud 9^9 and its great, so great recipe. dank shit :smoking: :nomnomnom:

4. Yeah, sublingually is the best, though half a TP isn't that much - 3 to 4 droppers is usually a single dose and that's at least a tablespoon, more like 2

But it's all you when it comes to dosage, you know your body best.

5. #65 carnival, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2010
    WTF my whole body is numb and mostly in the mouth :eek: I took 8 drops then ate the leftover from the forty and soaked that in my mouth for a while. I got lost in the forum and this took me like 15 mins to write.

Let the leftover soak in the mouth and munch the rest :smoking:

Edit: I snaped a pic of my eyes, that was tricky and I will upload tomaro when I can figure it out

6. ooo i was unaware what a dropper was, i figured it was a drop of it.

7. about how long do you guys keep it under your tongue and do you swallow it?

8. I have no experience with glycerin tinctures (YET), but you should probably hold it under your tongue for a good minute or two then swallow. At least I assume this is how long? Anybody, feel free correct me if i am wrong.

9. Yippieeeee! My glycerin just arrived via UPS truck. My other "delivery guy" will be here tomorrow with two oz's, one to smoke, and one to play doctor with. I can't wait to make this tinc and then write a post telling you all about how wonderful it is!! :hello:

I cannot thank WildWill enough for posting his glycerin recipe. Thank you...thank you so much, Will!

10. Nice recipie!

No I wont lose this thread when i have enuff..."vapor Poo" !!!! haha nice name...

would it work with clippings too?

11. I'm wondering how potent a batch would be if it had a half oz of high quality mids and 16oz on glycerin.

Could you compare it to a brownie high? How many drops would it take to reach that brownie sort of high?

12. Indeed, good sir. There's THC and cannabinoids in them there leaves. :hello:

13. I know that man, what i was gettin at is, would it be worth the effort to use clippings too. or just daz budzz?

14. Definately worth it. From what I've been reading about tinctures, and from personal experience with edibles, you should use all you can the get the most THC extracted. Leaves, stems, buds, etc etc. Most recipes use just clipping because it's an overlooked part of the plant that HAS usuable THC.

Plus, with edibles, you should use lower end materials like mids, and stems. It's definately more cost effective. :wave:

15. So how did it go?

Probably about as potent as a full oz of vapor poo, which is pretty powerful. BUT you can't really compare to a brownie high - it's a different kind of thing - it activates quite quickly as opposed to edibles, and your dosage is much smaller.

Think about it this way, when you make a batch of cookies/brownies/whatever a heavy dose is usually 1 gram of MJ material per serving.

When you make a tincture, if you're using 28 g of material per 16 oz of glycerine, let's say you burn off 2 oz of the glycerin and you end up with approximately, 1.5 to 2 grams of MJ material per ounce of tincture. An eyedropper is usually 1 teaspoon and there are 6 teaspoons in one ounce of liquid. 3 teaspoons is a dose more or less.

Your yield then, more or less is between .75 and 1 gram of mj material per dose. A dose being a 3 teaspoon "shot" of liquid. Versus a like a 6 ounce brownie.

So not only does it enter your system faster, but it leaves faster too since there's no huge sugary blob to digest.

So while it might be slightly more intense depending on the dosage, it's easier to control and it doesn't stay in your system as long.

I hope that helps.

16. #76 Dtowndank, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010
    This definetly needs to be a sticky if not already

17. Thanks man, I appreciate it. :hello:

18. So I went ahead and started my tincture tonight. It's been in the crock pot about 2 hours now... I used 7 grams of some very good og kush, 7 grams of some low grade bud, 15 grams with about 14-15 oz's of glycerine.

I have it set on "Warm", I thought that's what one of the earlier posts, sorry I will double check, could someone please tell me if that is the prime setting or is it just up to the preparer?

19. You want to keep it in the 170-220 degree range. The settings have nothing to do with it. You need a thermometer to see what the max temp is for each setting to determine which setting is best