Wild plants wilting/drooping after transplanting?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by samman258, Aug 7, 2012.

1. First off, I found some wild plants in the woods behind my house. i know they are wild for sure... they somewhat look sativa to me. anyway I grabbed the feminines dug them up (carefully of course) and moved them to my "spot" where i'm using my soil mix, watering them every 3 days and feeding them every other watering. But my problem is that they are wilting for some reason and they won't seem to perk up! any ideas?

2. #2 samman258, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012
    Pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. u should of left them where they were if they were wild

4. Ya, I would keep your expectations low for those. Depending on what state you are in those could be industrial hemp. I have read articles about how during WW2, The US was producing mass amounts of hemp for war production. After the war people just walked away from the crops and they are still coming back year after year.

Or it could be some cannabis cup winning strain, you gotta have that PMA "positive mental attitude".

One thing is sure, I hope you gave them a nice drink before you dug them up and you better make sure you got all the males if its close to your new site...
    If they continue to wilt you probably hit the tap root or stressed it too much and it will die a slow painful death...

5. oh dear lord! that sounds miserable! ^^^
    and @lager88 I kept these as my guinea pigs, their are still about 10 plants out where i found these, i left those so they could re seed and i could go and harvest the seeds produced to see if I could do some genetics with these, maybe cross them with my other strains over and over again to see if i can come up with some hemp/smokable cannabis plant that's still wild naturally.

6. I hope you are in MMJ state, cause that could be one expensive genetic experiment. If you get busted messing with those plants, they are gonna charge you with cultivation..

7. yeah i understand that... their is always risk involved no matter what in this line of work. but yeah, i'm keeping it to myself about where I am located. i'm not really doing much where i could get caught, all i'd be doing is collecting seeds. the other plants i moved to good soil are just an experiment, if they don't brighten up in a few days -- a week i'll forget about them and just move on to the my regular stuff and just forget about the wild stuff. i just don't understand how it survives with no water, care, or nutes, but it dies a miserable death under good care, soil, water and nutes.

8. Its very hard to transplant a mature plant during the best conditions, if you cut to many of the roots you kill the plant. I would punt on those seeds and order some online or use some you find in a very good bag of nugs.

Good luck with it, post some pics if they turn out to be some killers

9. thanks, hopefully it turns out good, or they die tomorrow so i don't waste my time lol either way.

10. shade them if you can until they perk back up or they'll die (regardless of watering or nutes)
    roots were damaged

11. How did you dig them up? How did you move the root ball?

12. good luck with the experiment ,,dont tell your friends what your doing, trust no one

13. thanks everyone for the help! and for sure i will put them into some shade. nobody but me knows about this, it will for sure stay that way! and when i dug them up i probably wasn't as careful as i should have been, probably cut to close to the plant and cut off alot of the roots. oh well, everything is a learning experience.do you suggest I dig them up again and move them to shade? wouldn't that stress them more though? your right about the shade probably though. one thing i do have is rooting solution that you give to the plants just like plant food. should i maybe give them some of that?

14. use a tarp or other to shade them and leave them there if you want a chance of recovery. Right now they hate the sun and are trying to rebuild roots. NO need for nutes or other. Just a bit of water (water well and then let be for a few days until it feels dry in the first inches of soil). Good luck.

15. Thanks a ton dude! you're a lifesaver!

16. i hope nobody digs up my "wild" plants

17. lol, nahhhh they are wild, fellow growers know a grow site when they see one. but they have been here ever since we moved onto the land. but in the past it used to be a whole field, now it's dwindling down every year. i just wanted to see what i would get if i crossed a natural hemp plant with a genetically engineered plant, outcome might be cool, then i could use some of the seeds, and release some of them back into the field to let it become naturally growing again.

18. sorry but this story is fishy smelling, and not in a good way:(

19. wait, so for the shade thing, what if i just put a black plastic bag of the top of the plants? that would work too, the stem would be uncovered but probably the best i could do not really enough cover to put a tarp over these plants, plus the fact that they are like 5.5' tall and a tarp that big would be easily somewhat noticeable here.

20. why is it fishy in a bad way?