Wild monkeys in America??!!

Discussion in 'General' started by junkheadrev, Feb 16, 2012.

1. This is awesome, we need more wild monkeys.

[Insert racist comment here] ;)

2. The monkeys on the Silver River in Florida were released there during filming of the original Tarzan movies in the 1930s....they will bite the shit out of you too..

3. [quote name='"jmick"']The monkeys on the Silver River in Florida were released there during filming of the original Tarzan movies in the 1930s....they will bite the shit out of you too..[/quote]

Yeah they have tours down there just for the monkeys.
    Its awesome

4. Soon the monkeys will exploit the hogs...

My beast master idea looks more solid now...

I want an army of controllable animals defending my house.

5. They are sent in to spread deadly plagues throughout the country. They are evil monkeys.

6. ...terrorists monkeys?...

7. I am so going to catch one of these one summer, maybe this or the next one. I'll take all 3 weeks of vacation just to camp out and catch one.

I will then train it to have Pokemon-like qualities

8. oh man...you may want to get several....you could take over the world with a few pokemon monkeys...

9. Florida has dozens of species that were accidentally introduced. Mainly by escapes from imported animals destined for the pet trade. They even have several species of chameleons and Nile Monitors.

Those monkeys can do some serious damage if cornered by the way. I wouldn't try to lay hands on them.

o//

10. If i see a monkey in the wild... i'll put it in it's place by giving it a strawberry....

11. I think a monkey would be easy enough to handle, I'd just find a way to keep it from biting me, tie up with it, and lat drop that bitch.

12. [quote name='"Dissec"']

I think a monkey would be easy enough to handle, I'd just find a way to keep it from biting me, tie up with it, and lat drop that bitch.[/quote]

Be sure to post a before n after photo of yourself.

13. The only difference will be in one pic I'll have a monkey by the throat.

14. :laughing:

You're not superman. That monkey could snap your arm in half without trying.

15. Read this, than let me know if you gonna come at me bro. :devious: :p :smoke:

In tests at the Bronx Zoo in 1924, a dynamometer - a scale that measures the mechanical force of a pull on a spring - was erected in the monkey house. A 165-pound male chimpanzee named "Boma" registered a pull of 847 pounds, using only his right hand (although he did have his feet braced against the wall, being somewhat hip, in his simian way, to the principles of leverage). A 165-pound man, by comparison, could manage a one-handed pull of about 210 pounds. Even more frightening, a female chimp, weighing a mere 135 pounds and going by the name of Suzette, checked in with a one-handed pull of 1,260 pounds. (She was in a fit of passion at the time; one shudders to think what her boyfriend must have looked like next morning.) In dead lifts, chimps have been known to manage weights of 600 pounds without even breaking into a sweat. A male gorilla could probably heft an 1,800-pound weight and not think twice about it.

16. These aren't gorrilas or chimps

And 600lb deadlift? lol thats not too impressive

17. [quote name='"Desky"']Florida has dozens of species that were accidentally introduced. Mainly by escapes from imported animals destined for the pet trade. They even have several species of chameleons and Nile Monitors.

Those monkeys can do some serious damage if cornered by the way. I wouldn't try to lay hands on them.

o//[/quote]

Yeah they have pythons and iguanas too.
    Its crazy.