Wild marijuana?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Blueskyhaze, Apr 30, 2012.

1. So I'm out farming one day when a smell that I knew too well caught my attention I looked around for a second and noticed I was in a decent plot of what looks to me like wild marijuana. I've never actually saw the stuff growing wild before. I was just wondering if I stumbled into a gold mine of bud or is this imposter weed

Attached Files:

2. Certainly looks like it, probably some hempy variety with low THC content though.

3. You lucky bastard, why don't I ever find shit like that hahaha, who cares if it's low THC it's free and you can probably make some good edibles or hash with it

4. What state do you live in? Damn your lucky!

5. #5 BLVCK ANGEL, May 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
    2nd pic is awesome,It's like their saying "Sup":)

6. nice find! looks like it to me.

7. Yep. Most likely hemp.

8. [quote name='"pokesmot247"']Yep. Most likely hemp.[/quote]

What makes you so sure it's hemp? Just curious

9. I live in the north central part of Indiana

10. Hemps a pretty common plant in the midwest/south/southeast. Farmers pluck them all the time to plant crops as theyre invasive. Not saying mary jane doesnt grow wild, just much less common unless someone dropped a baggy in that field. Found a wild mary jane plant in my backyard and pulled it cuz i have rat neighbors.

Could be marijuana though. Who knows:confused_2:

11. Now that is an idea. A google search indicates it is generally between 0.05 and 1% THC. Assume an average of around .5% then, which is pretty poor but you could do a butane extraction. I'm kinda interested now because there is a fuck off field of industrial hemp not too far from here. Still you'd need 200 plants for 1 plants worth of hash assuming that average is correct, not sure if it would be worth the butane.

12. Be careful, most industrial hemp is required by law to be genetically altered to not contain thc. Which is why the U.S. Pays canada 3.5 billion dollars a year to import genetically altered hemp.

13. I live in the UK where genetically altered crops are banned, which I thought was a bad thing until now.

14. Well if you eat anything imported from america that contains corn syrup (almost everything that requires sugar), youre eating a crop genetically altered to withstand amonia fertilizer.

Watch the documentary "king corn."

The farmers who grow it wont even feed it to their personal livestock as its basically poison.

15. Well damn. So does hemp still Produce a bud. I mean some of this outdoor wild stuff looks like what I have going on in my tent that's why I was shocked. But I've also never seen hemp in person

16. just a few days ago I was heading to the beach and I smelled it inside the car with the vents open. dear God what a lovely smell. time to go exploring next time

17. In Indiana, yep its hemp. In the 1940s, farmers in the Midwest were REQUIRED BY LAW to grow hemp for war purposes. The hemp's invasive, and can still be found plentifully across the midwest. Last year I tried to make hash from cured ditch weed/hemp. There was variation in the plants, some more purple or red than green even. And they smelled AMAZING. Earthy sweet cheesynes. However, after months of curing, nothing but a headache, dont waste your time. The CBD cancels out any miniscule amount of THC.

• Like Like x 1