Wild China

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by NORRIN RADD, Jan 12, 2010.

1. #1 NORRIN RADD, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2010
    [​IMG]

I've watched this ill series numerous times and never get sick of it. [If you have Netflix the whole series is on Watch Instantly, although it doesn't compare to the DVD, it's still awesome]. Here's an excerpt from Netflix that sums up what it's about:

"This six-part series from the BBC uncovers some of the most exotic and uncharted natural habitats hidden within the vast and diverse topography of China, including Yunnan's forests, the Tibetan plateau, the Silk Road and the Mongol steppes. Through high-definition and other cutting-edge camera technologies, the footage presented here captures stunning wildlife sequences, along with a plethora of breathtaking landscape photography."

Here's some screen shots from the series [the pics don't do it justice].

wildchina1.png

If you haven't heard of it you definitely gotta cop this shit and check it out, it's full of information; you can't watch this and not learn something from it.

Attached Files:

2. Awesome thanks for sharing! My kinda shit. I always look for stuff like this on Netflix instant.

3. No problem son, I love this kind of shit. Informative programmin' is where it's at.

4. #4 wenahaone, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2010
    Ya, thanks, man. I should probably check that out since I 've been wanting to go explore the se asian border area and western china for quite some time.

....not to mention trying out the outdoor grown indicas and sativas.....and not to mention the opium if that's your thing.

5. #5 NORRIN RADD, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2010
    Yeah it's a really good series, a lot of information on animals, plants and the culture. One of my favorite things about China is the rice terraces:
    20080229035214!Terrace_field_yunnan_china.jpg

Attached Files:

6. damn, these series are so good!

:hello:

7. Fuckin sweet, this looks awesome. Thanks for sharing, I love natural science programs

8. The BBC natural history unit (the guys who produced the program) are unparalleled in this field of television. its unbelievable what they manage to come up with.

9. #9 Netherrip, May 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2010
    If you dont have netflix you can stream the whole series here for free: Wild China

This series is awesome! I've been to Yunan before, but not close to the area where they filmed in those forests. Cannabis and hemp pretty much grows everywhere in Yunan. In some public places there were hemp plants growing over 10 ft tall haha! And there is an endless amount of cheap and shitty weed there. Wonder what the stuff is like in the more remote areas...

10. Word man. Best natural broadcasting unit worldwide, no doubt.