Wild Animals (pics and updates!!)

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by BoyMeetsPearled, Jan 19, 2013.

1. #161 BoyMeetsPearled, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2013
    dude those trail cam pics are awesome!! That thing is so legit. Those animals didnt see it coming at all and you able to capture some things you would rarely see in person.

2. honestly covert makes an awesome product just for this purpose. it uses a red and green flash that most animals cant even see hahaha. i got one were a deer is right up on the tree i have one of my cams strapped to, licking the cam itself haha. they dont even know its there.

3. I know this isn't an animal pic but its nature.. Took it last fall with my iPhone while hiking thru Turkey Run State Park. No fancy filters.. The sun just did that.

image-521074884.jpg

4. So far I've had two birds land on my hand in the mountains :) so here ill share a few pics with you all

I'm a pedophile when it comes to baby animals :)

Attached Files:

5. That's a clark's nutcracker.

They're famous for being completely fearless around humans. That particular bird was expecting some nuts and seeds in your hand.

6. I know the bird in the winter pic is a canadian Jay, and yeah they are basically the same thing as the nutcracker. I'm not from out west tho so I'm not familiar with birds out there. But cool shit

7. Nice. Very nice

8. Figured I'd revive this, since I brought my camera to the park today. I saw a lot of reptiles, but not much else..
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393012178.113554.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393012197.203919.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393012211.440005.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393012250.816682.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393012273.090058.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393012337.403977.jpg

9. Hi all, I’m a little concerned about an opossum we caught in a havahart trap. We set havahart traps along the borders of our chicken coops to catch raccoons, then release them the next day. Opossums and our own cats aren’t unusal to catch in these.

Overnight we caught an opossum, it was fine and then when we went to let her go she had bled out. She had no wounds externally, she wasn’t shut in the door of the trap (and even if she was this traps door is not heavy like some of these larger traps are). This includes her tail. I went and looked at the body and she had rectal prolapse, is it possible hemorrhaging could have caused her death? With no blood on the face she must have bled solely out of her rectal cavity. A family member suggested she had distemper. She was very small but fullgrown, she had some yellowing on the teeth. Before I saw the body I thought maybe her heart gave out.

There is a road down the hill so she could very well have been clipped by a car. I hate to think that she suffered and we didn’t notice something was wrong, someone could have put her down so she wouldn’t have suffered.

Any idea if this sounds like disease or trauma? I hope it is an isolated event and the animals don’t have something.