Wild Animals (pics and updates!!)

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by BoyMeetsPearled, Jan 19, 2013.

1. When I go hiking, I usually stop and sit every few miles just to examine a certain area. You'd be amazed at what you can see crawling around when you stop and take the time to look :)

2. I can only imagine the copious amounts of parrot shit. :D

3. I hope not :confused_2:

4. That robberfly is badass!

Those things are crazy, they can chase down and catch dragonflies!

5. I have worked in the Hyde Park area of Chicago. There is a growing population of Monk Parrots that inhabit the area year round. It's amazing how they have adapted to the cold Chicago winters.

The Hyde Park Parrots

6. Haha Quaker Parrots! I've had two of them. Very loyal, loving birds. But only to one person. :p VERY VERY loud though. Ear-piercing shrieks :(.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. I was only joking

8. #148 KangarooBunny, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
    Snail at Amicolola Falls State Park. Highest waterfall east of the Mississippi.
    [​IMG]

And just for fun :p
    [​IMG]

Okay that's all I have from past albums. Snapped a really cool picture of a blue jay in my crab apple tree out front. Might upload that later. Come on spring! :)

9. I dont know what this was, but if i had to guess i would say a deer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Deffinatly a deer.

11. this is a baby deer that i literally almost tripped over. I was walking through the field and i saw its mother she kept watching me from a distance and i couldnt figure out why until this little guy was like right in front of me! It could barely walk yet!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. ^^^ Dude that's incredible! When was that?

13. I took those pics in the early spring of 2009. I found him on a small land preserve near my old house in Michigan.

14. I bet it was amazing. I would have high-tailed it out of there quick. Momma was probably having a heart attack. :p

15. My dog got his ass whooped by a doe last spring. Just wandered a little too close to the twins for her.

She came out of nowhere and just started flailing my dog with her front hooves.

He didn't even know how to react hahaha just sprinted away as fast as he could.

16. was he ok? and was it the same dog that got in the fight with the fox, if so hes been in some shit!!

17. #157 ThEbLuEMaGoO, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2013
    Yeah same dog, he's not too bright when it comes to bigger, stronger animals. He always thinks he can take them on and he never can.

[​IMG]

18. Here is a couple geese that always used to go on top of this clock tower outside of my old apartment building. It always made me laugh they would just stand up there.

[​IMG]

19. huge pic dump from my trail cams on land me or my family owns, and some from my family. most are shot with the Covert MP6.

Attached Files:

20. [quote name='"BoyMeetsPearled"']this is a baby deer that i literally almost tripped over. I was walking through the field and i saw its mother she kept watching me from a distance and i couldnt figure out why until this little guy was like right in front of me! It could barely walk yet!

[/quote]

I have a few similar shots! I came up upon a doe & very young fawn.. Momma took off freaked out. Baby played possum in our tall grass. I got to pet it.. See if I can find the photo around.