Wild Animals (pics and updates!!)

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by BoyMeetsPearled, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Fucking annoying pests

Attached Files:

2. haha careful what ya wish for!

We have a feral population of mealy parrots here in anaheim, hundreds will fly into my backyard. Man are those fuckers loud:

[​IMG]

I fucking hate these birds so much now.

3. You should become a pirate.

Captain Smokehound. Arrgh!

4. Down in long island / new jersey they have massive flocks of monk parrots that just fly around wild. Its really strange to see parrots flying wild in such an urban environment.

5. image-1303793504.jpg

Praying Mantis egg sacks. They are everywhere on our property. Not that exciting of a photo but so cool to see the tiny ones crawling around. Less than a quarter inch long. I need to get a photo!

6. this is what i wake up to every day..

[​IMG]

7. Oh god, that's even worse than parrots. fuckers shit and vomit on everything. I bet nobody in your neighborhood parks under trees :laughing:

[​IMG]

AVAST YE SCURVY BILGERATS AND SURRENDER YOUR MOTHERS BOOTY!

8. damn bro, i lived in Pasadena last year and those things were everywhere! loud as fuck and sooo annoying! They fly in huge flocks too... everyone used say some zoo caught on fire and they let them free so they didnt die!

9. Nah, those are all urban legends.

This species is very popular, marketed to the public as "Amazons" to make them more appealing for sale..

Like any vagrant feral bird, they escaped from irresponsible owners and multiplied. Because of their loud resonating calls, its easy for other escaped parrots to find 'em.

10. damn all those birds look kind of menacing lol!

11. You don't happen to have bodies laying around do you? Those are vultures :eek:

12. An abundance of birds on the wires that afternoon. I remember watching them for hours. :smoking:
    [​IMG]
    loved this shot. I was spotted! :
    [​IMG]

Ladybug guarding my spring veggies :devious:
    [​IMG]

I have more! Searching the archive :rolleyes:

13. I remember seeing these down in San Diego. We had a Pecan tree at the house we rented so they were always in the yard. We always tried to bring one down with the hose so we could have a pet parrot. Never worked though.

And you are correct they were as loud as hell.

14. #134 ThEbLuEMaGoO, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2013

That's a SICK picture of that coopers hawk!

Young too, first year for sure.

15. I miss summer :eek: The lighting!
    [​IMG]
    hornworm, I believe?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. H8ters gon
    Hate

17. Wild Parrots of Pasadena,CA - YouTube

No joke if a flock of 100 of these guys landed in your back yard and wouldnt shut the fuck up you would hate them too lol

18. Watch where you step, people! There's a whole world down there!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BTW awesome thread, OP. +rep indeed.

19. nice pics, how did you even manage to spot the little green dude? He is literally the exact same colour as the plant!

20. #140 ThEbLuEMaGoO, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2013
    [​IMG]

Aflack?

[​IMG]

One of my mourning doves.

[​IMG]

Barnibus!

[​IMG]

Not exactly wild, but he's chased me up a tree more than a few times!