wikileaks is full blown propaganda

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kush Lord, Dec 10, 2010.

1. #1 Kush Lord, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2010
    There is no more denying it folks, they've made it obvious

CNN.comhas created an entire section for wikileaks in the MAIN headlines. The media is jamming this down peoples throat and at the same time telling us how much its putting the US in danger?

It makes absolutely no sense to cover these stories so closely if its classified information that puts the US in danger.

You want to know why the media is jamming it down our throat? so the public can see the damage and hacking being caused by "wikileaks" which will give an excuse for censorship of the internet.

2. sounds like the coverage of wikileaks is propaganda, not wikileaks itself

3. I see this as the same reason the "tea party" was jammed down our throats. Except they wanted to reinvigorate "conservatives" and "liberals" who were falling away from the Republican and Democratic parties and inject them back into the 2-party system by giving them a cause and reason to support it. For the "liberals" it was the stupidity and racism of "conservatives" and for "conservatives" it was the hive mentality and stupidity of "liberals."

The media never ever works in a straightforward manner. There IS a reason they're airing a story.

4. Nope, it is the coverage and wikileaks.

If wikileaks was really the threat we're being told it is then the media wouldnt cover it so closely like its been doing. It makes absolutely no sense. They would AVOID it if anything.

5. Im not sure if wikileaks itself is propaganda but I do think there is an agenda here to censor the internet. I find it very strange that the media is spoon feeding us easy targets for "terrorist" that are vital to American interest. It just seems like the media is picking the parts of the cables that are most damaging to the USA and non stop talking about them. Its like they are trying to provoke an attack and then blame it on the internet or free speech.

6. Yeah the tea party is a damn joke. I see it as a fake rebellion group that fools people into putting their guard down. If people think there are others already taking action to rebel, theyre less likely to take any action themselves.

Its a diversion tactic basically.

7. Why would you doubt that wikileaks is also fake? so many things about it are sketchy. They needed wikileaks in order to start their agenda.

8. Conspiracy theory? Already? Eh, that was quick :p

9. #9 willisvillis, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2010
    So because CNN has a wikileaks section near their headlines, they're propaganda?

[​IMG]

My stupid assholishness aside, I wouldn't be surprised if you were right, but IMO the jury is still out.

EDITED for correct punctuation.

10. It seems they are selective in their coverage of the cables, meaning some are more damaging than others. I don't think wikileaks is cointelpro.

11. Having a dedicated section for wikileaks in the headlines on the biggest internet news outlet makes no sense. Theyve been claiming how classified these documents are and how its putting lives in danger.

12. Regardless of where the wikileaks are, they're out there for anyone to read. If people's lives are endangered, taking the documents off the CNN won't do a thing.

And, how does it not make sense for the biggest news outlet to have wikileaks in the headlines? If anything, it makes complete sense. It's probably the biggest story right now with the most media attention, having wikileaks in their headlines will attract more traffic and interest in their website.

13. Here is even more ridiculousness...

WikiLeaks - Yahoo! News Photos

It looks like a bunch of Pakistanis were given signs to hold after being instigated. Look at the photo, there are many signs that it was an instigated photo-op.

Bullshit I tell ya.

14. When University of East Anglia's Climate Research Unit emails were leaked in 2009 ("Climategate") none of the MSM covered it because the emails were "obtained illegally".

"The documents appear to have been acquired illegally and contain all manner
    of private information and statements that were never intended for the
    public eye, so they won't be posted here." Andrew Revkin, Environment
    Editor, New York Times Nov 20, 2009.

Just something to consider.

15. If its classified information that puts lives and the US at risk, the media would AVOID covering it. The government would be all over that shit. The feds throw your ass in jail for growing a plant in your closet, you dont think they would do something about this? a dedicated section on the main page of the main internet news outlet DOES NOT make sense, please think this through before claiming it does. The government has the media on lockdown.

You dont get it.

16. i want to look at these so called classified documents but when i try to go on wikileaks.net it wont work. it says site is unavailable.

17. Honestly, I don't think much of the media really give a shit about people's lives being endangered, and I don't think they would sacrifice breaking a leading story to save the lives of plebs. They're companies - They generate interest and make money. Wikileaks is the top story. Top story = interest = money.

The government is all over that shit. How many times has there been an international arrest warrants for sex offenses? What more can they do at this point without utterly enraging the percentage of the world that still believes in freedom of speech? Not to mention Assange's insurance file...

18. That's because it's .org :p

WikiLeaks

If that doesn't work, Google Wikileaks mirror sites - There's thousands of them:)

19. wikileaks is top story only because they say it is. Most people would forget about the damn thing if the media didnt cover it so much. You still dont get it. If this was real classified information that puts the government and agents in danger, it wouldn't be all over the media PERIOD.

Dont be played for a fool.

20. I see some of your guys point of view.. it could very well be

what about this 1.4 gig file thats protected with AES 256... what do you think is in it? and will we ever see ?