WikiLeaks Exposes North American Integration Plot

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Limecat, May 4, 2011.

1. #21 Limecat, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2011
    If the Federal Government takes your rights where are you going to move to get them back? If a local municipality or state government takes your rights, you can simply move to a location that better suits your own beliefs, etc... ;)

Slavery and women's suffrage were addressed via Constitutional Amendments...

Specifically:
    Thirteenth Amendment (1865): Abolishes slavery and authorizes Congress to enforce abolition.
    Fifteenth Amendment (1870): Prohibits the federal government and the states from using a citizen's race, color, or previous status as a slave as a qualification for voting.
    Nineteenth Amendment (1920): Prohibits the federal government and the states from forbidding any citizen to vote due to their sex.

The Founding Fathers DID NOT want a strong federal government. That much is clear with JUST the Constitution. And don't act like that is the only document that they left behind. There are many pages to the Federalist Papers which expand on just about everything in the Constitution.

No principle was emphasized more vigorously during the Constitutional Convention than the necessity of limiting the authority of the federal government. :wave:

The Ninth Amendment
    The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

The Tenth Amendment
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Wiki, layman terms:

Ninth Amendment: declares that the listing of individual rights in the Constitution and Bill of Rights is not meant to be comprehensive; and that the other rights not specifically mentioned are retained by the people.

Tenth Amendment: reserves to the states respectively, or to the people, any powers the Constitution did not delegate to the United States, nor prohibit the states from exercising.

It doesn't really get any clearer than that.

How do you like marijuana prohibition and the "War on Drugs"?
    How do you like the USA PATRIOT Act?
    How do you like the Fed - inflation - the bailouts?
    How do you like secret prisons and torture?

2. I always wanted to move to the beach in Mexico. :smoke:

3. I can concede that point for sure.

What I'm saying though is that, a union between the North American countries does not necessarily have to go like the European Union.

A governing body spanning North America is not intrinsically bad. There doesn't have to be an abolition of states, and with a country of that size may increase the power local governments have in the system.

I'm just saying, it looks inevitable. I don't think it's going to be the end of the world when it happens either.

4. Ya honestly I don't think my life would change much if it happened. So here's to chillin on the beach in Mexico.

[​IMG]

5. CANADA SAYS FUCK OFF!!!!!:devious:

6. Just gonna say that this is one of the things that Zeitgeist discussed back on its release during 2007

7. This shit is nuckin futs!

8. well this part of america sez: thanks...we (meaning...uh...I) agree...fuck right the fuck off. see how easy libertarianism is, everybody can go fuck off...in the way of your choosing.

9. Soon they'll make militant nationalism illegal...

10. ohhhh.... they would never do that. how else can you justify a huge (multi)national budget and tax load???

11. Over/Under when this happens without any citizen of America, Canada, or Mexico's consent? Just a few people "agree" and then poof!

Man I hope not....................we need the good doctor to cure a few things in Washington DC for us come 2012.

12. It's all a game, guys. Gov always plans with their crazy schemes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRG1tWQN6e8]YouTube - ‪The Dark Knight: Hospital Scene‬‏[/ame]

13. 1984 alllllll over again.

14. Its only a matter of time after they did this in europe via the lisbon treaty. One more step towards the united states of earth!

15. If wikiLeaks said Europe was planning to invade the US, the public would eat it up. I'm not believing it unless REAL governemnt docs are leaked.

16. What's wrong with one economic unit. Works well in EU, we'd just have to make sure Canada and Mexico dnt fuck up the dollars good name

17. A step towards the dissolution of nation states will always get my vote.

18. #39 Zarex, May 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Amen. Bring the hegemon, let us unite and actually progress. One government, many regional authorities, bring it.

19. #40 4Sheezy, May 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Ignorance at it's finest.