wii versus ps3

Discussion in 'General' started by Digit, Nov 20, 2006.

1. hahaha its so true

2. Yeah. I saw that. Thought it was pretty funny.

3. i would get the wii over either of the other new systems. its so much cheaper, and you can download every single nintendo/super/N64/gamecube/gameboy/sega game ever made.

4. I'd definately like to have a Wii, and I think Sony lost the "Console Wars" this time, already, but who knows, maybe they'll turn it around. I loved my PS2, but Sony is so insulting to it's customers. Not just with the PS3, but with other ventures. I lost all my faith in Sony after recently buying the latest EverQuest expansion and seeing how the SOE reps were treating customers. Star Wars Galaxies anyone? Yea, Sony's not so pretty anymore.

Wii looks awesome, I'd like to have one, and an X-Box 360. X-Box plays the villian in most game console discussions, but really, it's a great system. It's starting to really flex too, with more and more industry support, soon it should be the new system toting the most game support, like PS2 was last generation.

Wii is only limited by Nintendo's archaic self-censorship. Nintendo likes to keep a squeeky clean image, where as the other companies are not afraid to get their hands dirty. The GC did have Resident Evil 4 and Call of Duty on it, so maybe this time Nintendo will venture out and suprise me by bringing in the diverse, and often controversial, games the other systems allow. If so, Wii could certainly overtake Xbox as the industry favorite and reclaim the title for Nintendo.

Things have been going downhill for Nintendo ever since they released Mortal Kombat without blood while Sega released it in all it's gory detail. Hopefully Nintendo can go beyond it's squeeky clean image this time.

However, Nintendo also has to be careful to continue to do the things that make them Nintendo. Fun games that aren't all that serious, like Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, the games that get them the players other consoles don't get. The games that make them the one, the only, the original, Nintendo.

Nintendo is set up for a massive market reclaimation with Sony's failures and X-Box's villianization. Here's hoping they go for gold. The new look of Zelda is a good sign.

5. Hahaha wonderful!

Now that is marketing I can get into.

6. see here's the thing. when i buy a console, it's to play video games. not watch dvds, play music, play online, ect.

that's why nintendo is probably going to get my money this round. then again, i'll probably just give that money to my dealer :)

7. And I thought the ads for Mac fanboys were dumb enough :rolleyes:

8. PS3, the Wii's graphics suck.

9. the 360 hands down is going to win i'm not saying this becuase i own one i;m saying it because think about it.

the wii's grahpics aren't all that great nothing compared to ps3's or 360's.

the wiimote is dumb i think so anyways,the ps3 costs 500-600 dollars absolutely RIDICULOUS.

the 360 is going to because they are the most profitable they are current gen and you can do the same things with them as you can 360.

only thing is ps3's are bluray compatible

10. I've never been so convinced in my life.

11. soory never was an X-BOX fan only PS and Nintendo but the wii looks like it sucks but the pricetag on the PS3 is too steep so none I will enjoy my PS2 and Gamecube a little longer till the PS3 drops the pricetag to atleast 250-300 then get the Wii like I always do PS then Nintendo thats been my cycle fuck XBox

12. Damn I never understood the whole blu-ray talk and all that bullshit, but now I know which console is the best. This video puts it all in perspective.

13. What I like about Nintendo, is that they are all about multiplayer. Having a few friends over, getting baked, and playing a 4-player game is fuckin' awesome.

I think they're trying to make the PS3 too advanced. Muisc? I have a kickass stereo system, thank you. DVDs? I think I'll stick to my Pioneer and widescreen.

For $600, I could:

Buy a Wii - $250
    QP of Kush - $50 (friend grows it)
    Munchies - $100
    Games - $200

Yeah... that would be a kickass night.

14. Haha, nice..

I want the Wii..i love the actual actions of moving, soo sick, cheap too.

15. Wii, Wii, Wii!

Super Smash Bros Brawl, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. Those will be the games to play as the Wii gets older.

EDIT: MorningTrip, you are so right. i love to get hella high and play super smash brothers with my homies, don't you?

16. Damn right, SSBB is reason enough to buy the Wii.

17. wonderfully said + rep

i plan on getting a wii (if i can find one) this week with my fat paycheck

18. and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption too, if you've ever played either Metroid Prime one or two. i've beaten both, and working on Hunters for the DS.

19. Don't hold your breath waiting for a PS3 price drop, Sony already said that even at $600 they're losing about $150-$200 per system. The PS3 may be expensive, but even the release PS3 games look better than the new 360 games, and thats with developers having a year to learn the xbox architecture. You also can't say that the 360 is cheaper in comparison to the PS3, because the HD-DVD add on for the 360 is probably going to end up being $150-$200. Also, Sony has the sixaxis controller, which is how motion sensing controls should be made. Forget that flailing around shit. Wait til the next wave of PS3 games come out, you'll be blown away.