WIFI Plug For 250w HPS & 100w LED?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Ciarán69, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Hi All!

Im wondering is it possible to use a wifi plug to control grow lights?
    I havent a clue with electricity & I want to know will this wifi plug work if I had a 250w HPS & 100w LED plugged into an extension block & the block plugged into the wifi plug?
    The plug spec is: HS100 | Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug | TP-Link United Kingdom
    Working Status
    Input voltage
    100V- 240V
    Output voltage 100-240V
    Maximum Load 13A
    Maximum Power 2.99KW

Thanks for any & all help!

2. Anyone any opinions?

3. I was just looking at something very similar at home depot. Interested myself, my only concern is with it being controlled by wifi. I have a few home cameras running or streaming off of the wifi and here and there they have connections issues. Now if that were to happen while light is in function could be a huge problem. Maybe someone who has used that or something similar will chime in.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

4. I'd imagine you shouldnt have problems with running a wifi plug & your other devices.

5. I use the HS-105 TPLink plugs to control my exhaust fans in 3 seperate tents, and also my AC in the living room, all running off my tablet using Tasker to control everything automatically. I have sensors that feed Tasker the data, and the fans and AC all do their own thing depending on humidity, temp, outside air temp. And they go on and off sometimes dozens, sometimes hundreds of times a day depending on the conditions. Haven't had any cook out on me yet, besides errors in my own code.

I haven't used them for my lights yet, but assuming you don't go past the recommended wattage/amperage, you should be fine. Good thing is you can set your light schedule with the Kasa app. No need to use digital timers. And the schedule should work once set, regardless of your internet/intranet connectivity.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Also....yeah I don't think those draw enough to exceed the amperage, definitely not wattage.

You should be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I have a buddy who runs a Wemo smart plug and has a 1200watt ac unit on it without any problems.i just checked they are rated to 1800watts.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for all the help people!!

• Like Like x 1