wierd growth or not ?? pics ..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nochump, Nov 5, 2010.

1. what is this cancerous looking growth? only thing I can think of is that lights were messed up a little twice during flower, 1st time 2 extra hours of light the 2nd 1 extra hour, was wondering if it was shock, or what, or is this sorta thing normal??
    its Acapulco Gold, just a day under 8 weeks flower, 2nd pic is a close up of a nug, most trichs are clowdy, a couple semi clear, a none amber, was gonna wait out the 9th week or until the first few amber popped up, but this growth is weird .

Attached Files:

2. each of the 4 bigger colas have that tree looking thing sticking out to some extent, they're not stretching for light they are very close to lights ... :confused:

3. just looks like another flower starting.

4. wow thats exactly what mine did.I am still looking for someone to answer that one.I had 2 autos ,blue him diesel,and haze.Both plants were 7 weeks flowering when all the buds started looking like that.I opened one up and found the tiniest little green seed.I thought that the plant hermied but a couple ppl said no.
    Well then what the hell is it.If you find out let me know.I sure would like an answer too.

5. My plant had those too, it's just part of the flower.

6. cool thanks for the replies of reassurance, I was worried it might be going hermie or something, just a little paranoid i guess and was getting scissor happy.

7. its called a fox tail and usually happens later in the flowering stage, nothing to worry about

8. I'm sorry but the cancer is terminal. I will be glad to take it off your hands

9. agreed. is this an outdoor, or indoor deal?
    i usually see the bigger foxtails on outdoor jobs..
    but yeah, it's more of a good thing, than anything.
    more bud! :eek:

10. excellent, thanks for the info.
    It's indoor, a dresser grow. if foxtails usually happen outdoor, I might be getting them cause their under cfls, 200w @ 2700k, but they are very close within 1-2 inches with good vent. definitely late in flower, I'm cutting down the juicy buds tomorrow at 8 1/2 weeks

11. have you checked the tric's up close???

12. yes and no, that shot above was taken with a macro lens, with the original file on my pc i can see trichs the size of my thumb. but it wasn't my camera, so I haven't seen them since it was 8 weeks minus 1 day. all trichs were cloudy, didn't see any turning amber, so i'm just kinda guessing a couple might be starting to turn amber by tomorrow morning, 8 1/2 weeks. little short of its recomended 9 weeks but w/e it's getting chopped either way lol. i smoked a couple popcorn buds I should have lollipopped earlier but didn't the other day, wicked smoke can't wait till it's dried and cured properly.