Widow Grow from Clone to Harvest

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by dlpjr, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Maybe. I will gI've them a few more weeks. When I get my taxes back I may place an order. My main problem is I'm old school. These beans got me freakin out. So many choices, so many different crosses between this and that. Back when i started growing we were lucky to have any choice at all. Maybe its time to pull my head out of my ass and do some of these exotic plants. I just don't know where to start. A friend of mine has what he says is a blueberry diesel, in veg, and wants me to grow it for him. Fuck, i don't even know if there is such a plant, he maybe just making up names. It seem every time I buy a bag it some crazy ass shit that i have never heard of, just to justify 20 dollars a gram.

2. #82 dlpjr, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
    This ones starting to fill in we will see what happens.

ForumRunner_20130129_135117.png

ForumRunner_20130129_135156.png

ForumRunner_20130129_135238.png

As much as i wanted to do a scrog, i think i am going to hold off

3. I here brother,when I grew back in the 90's there was no choice..Now adays it blows me out the range.
    I'm growing ww first round,also some old school strains.these seem more stable..
    I agree with HDrive.the tude is defently a good bank.Its like a kid in a Lollie shop picking beans.

4. Ya i bought seeds from them before the widow seeds i thought i was growing in this thread. I love there site i spend hours just looking at all the different shit on there. Very cool

5. Yeah so many choices, I want to try em' all, I'm like a kid in a candy store.
    Back in the 80's it was Northern Lights for me, heavy buds, good taste, short plants, and finished in mid September.
    Now the choppers buzz around here like skeeters, and the fucking ginsenger's are as big a thief as the cops, seems you have to grow 10 patches now, 5 for the national guard, and 3 or 4 for the thieves, and maybe one for yourself if you are lucky.

6. Tell me about the thieves, i would like to kill one of those scum bag mother fuckers, bigest low life's on the planet. I have been smoking and growing for over 30 years, i have never run across purple haze. I know its not as exotic as some of the new shit out there, but that's what i will be trying to order after this is over with. These plants are starting to take shape so who knows. You ever have any real purple haze. Smoked or grown?

7. Yep same here...f^** thiefs...
    I had 40 out outdoors.i busted my neighbor friend sticking his head over the fence..So I thought bugger it..Ripped them all out,all females too,just started tipping...
    So the conclusion was im about to set up inside and I think it's safer getting rid of them or sit up with my shotgun and catch them.I think I picked the right option.The thing is its so easy to grow a plant or two,why rip people.
    I would like to try purple widow..I'm following a thread and this grower is growing it.
    I chucked 2 Boss Hog (carliconnect) 3 days ago in a jiffy 1 is up and out.So if I'm ready I might use this for my first round.
    Any suggest on this strain.

8. Quick quest..was wondering about that all in 1 meter u where talking about,
    I'm looking at 1 on eBay same as the $100 from amazon, 6 in 1 $95 deli,comes with 2yr warranty.
    I'm really considering....

9. Its the same meter i have seen them for 90-120 dollars. The reviews i have read says the meter is not calibrated when you get it so you will have to get some ph and ppm calibration solution. For the price i think its a good deal.

10. Yeh it comes with all the calibration stuff, screwdriver.Im gonna buy 1 next week I think..

11. Where is that at... the one i seen was on amazon got a link? Mine didn't come with calibration solution, i have it in my shelf.

12. There web address is- www.gainexpress.com
    I found them on EBay- gainexpress
    Also I've been talking to them last few days and they reply in good time.This is what the deal is-
    -Built in recharge battery
    -Free ph 6.864 & ph 4.003 cal solution
    -BNC type replaceable ph electrode
    -AC power adaptor (your country)
    -Mini screw driver
    -User Manual
    -2yr warranty
    I think it's worth a try,but good to have back up.

13. This grow is going to be the death of me.... With all the bullshit with the original clones, I wake up this morning to find this mess.

ForumRunner_20130131_232005.png

The roots were fine 3 days ago, today they are covered with this brown snot like shit. I asked a few questions and the consensus is that it is nute build up or the start of root rot. Probably started when i had the pumps in the wrong strip, when they were shut down for the 6 hours each night. So i drained the system, cleaned everything and refilled the whole system with fresh nutes and water. I took the plants and carefully washed the snot of the roots. Five hours later were back in business. Now i just wait and see. I will get some new pic posted. The plants really don't look bad so who knows.

14. #94 dlpjr, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
    Thanks will check it out.. I wonder if they make one that had five probes, be cool to have one in each bucket.

15. Ouch man.. they're damaged and mabye stunted but they will survive, my first grow's roots were a similar colour :(

16. Will give them the time it takes attitude to send me my new purple haze seed. If they are not looking like producers by then. The axe will fall.

17. Damn man, that brown slim is hard to get rid of. It will be back in force in a couple days at most if it's what I think it is, and I've had it and it looks bad.

Stop the nutes for a day or two. This is how I treated and cured mine, DWC Root Slime Cure aka How to Breed Beneficial Microbes

Read that like the gospel, it works and does all kinds of good things.

But here's the thing, there will be a time table you will have to weight out. You will be stunted until the tea eats the rot. Then there is a wait period for new roots to grow.
    Then there is the worry that the stress my cause em' to morph in the end. And you are not for sure what bean you got growing.
    Would it be better to slide out and get new healthy clones? This is the hard part....

Either way, read the Heisenberg tea, brew some for regular res maintenance, your clones, etc... 25 bucks and you will have enough ingredients to last 2 years

18. I read that... Be honest man I not going to exert much more energy into this plants. I ordered five fem purple haze seeds yesterday. These plants might be sitting in a plastic garbage bag out front of my neighbors house in a few weeks.

19. If you got the rot once, you can get it again. People has grown for years and all of a sudden for no fucking reason get the rot. Happened to me, I tried all kinds of shit to get rid of it. Scraped a start once and got it again.
    Then I read about the tea, no more problems.
    ZHO, earthworm casting, mycogrow and aquashield all can be ordered from amazon and have it in a couple days. A day to brew and treat the part, then the next day is when it's supposed to be the best drain the water and add the strong tea. you cant use anything that kills bacteria or it will kill the tea.
    Give it a try, it's a good learning experience, well worth the time.

20. I will, good thing to know, and it never hurts to have the materials to make it on my shelf.