Widow Grow from Clone to Harvest

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by dlpjr, Dec 26, 2012.

1. #61 dlpjr, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2013
    Here are the 5 gallon buckets with the feeding res, nothing more than a 6 1/2 gallon garbage can.

ForumRunner_20130125_182214.png

Everything is connected with 1/2 pvc piping, plastic threaded ends, o-rings, and these sink stopper plastic nuts. Water proof plumbing epoxy applied to these large nuts.

First I drilled a hole in the bottom of the buckets, leaving enough room for the plastic nut on the inside of the bucket. I did this to four of the buckets. The middle bucket has 4 holes in it to connect the outer four.

ForumRunner_20130125_180719.png

I really can't tell you the technical names for these part, I am not a plumber. I can tell you everything was bought at a large home improvement store.

I cut 8 inch long peaces ot the half in pvc piping and glued these threaded fitting to it and slid an o-ring over it. Then screwed it into the bucket, it was a tight fit.

ForumRunner_20130125_182023.png

On the inside of the bucket, I put plumbers epoxy on the faucet rosette washers. Then screwed it on the threaded fitting.

ForumRunner_20130125_182926.png

I connected the feeding tank a 6 1/2 gallon garbage plastic garbage can with two tees and two 45 fittings.

ForumRunner_20130125_183359.png

Then into the garbage can with the same faucet nuts and threaded 1/2 fittings.

ForumRunner_20130125_182825.png

Inside the garbage can I have a submerged pump with 1/4 inch tubing. Pumping the nute solution into the tops 5 gallon buckets, then everything is drained back to the garbage can by way of the 1/2 tubing.
    The last pic is of the middle bucket with the two rear 1/2 inch pipes coming out of it.

I still have to make the buckets light tight, and mylar them.

Attached Files:

2. Coming along fine...c'mon Tuesday...

3. Thank you can't wait till harvest time me and the old lady are tired of these 20 dollar gram bags we are buying. Want my own weed back.

4. Yep tell me about it we only pay $60 1/4 oz so not that bad..but nothing like your own shit..:)
    Should check this thread out - NotTheMamma
    -Moby Dick 400w SCROG
    I think it's fairly perfect scrog and his just switched, 1 full canapy..

5. On my way to check it out. I knew I could count on you for some valuable info.

6. Don't worry I've been studying hard these last few weeks...:).wave...
    I won a 400w HPS yesterday for $1 eBay..pick it up 2morrow..already have 600w..so lights sorted.
    Should get my tent next week 4'x4'..so not to long to go..
    Yep this scrog is sure gonna be fun...see what the ww does in a screen will be very interesteing..

7. #67 dlpjr, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2013
    A dollar... no shit, I never find deals like that on e-bay. Bet the dudes pissed who sold that.

8. Just looked at the tracking info for the nutes they might be here today. They were shipped tue the 22nd from California, and they are in NY on the 26. All the way across the country in 4 days, it was free shipping too, way to go FedEx.

9. Just placed another order from Amazon. I am going with this new pump, I use five fish tank type pumps now, just tired of tripping over the cords in the tent. Plus it will produce more air/oxygen to the plants.

41b30hVoaEL._SX300_.jpg
    55.51us

I was talking to a friend who swears by these round air stone, will give them a try also.

41qpKQE2BSL._SX300_.jpg
    Almost ten dollars each so 50 dollars worth of air stone. They better work.

41GcrN98zZL._SX300_.jpg
    I am buying this ph ec ppm water temp meter because its cool. I can constantly monitor the nute solution just by leaving the probes in the feeding res. Plus it looks cool. About 120 dollars.

10. The nutes just got here. I am going to leave the plants in this small dwc. First I cleaned out the tote, then added fresh water, that has been sitting out for 24 hours.

ForumRunner_20130126_112851.png
    Have the three 6 inch air stones going.
    I am only going to mix half strength solution. Real easy, this tote only holds 2 gallons. So one gallon of water with nutes, and one gallon straight water.
    First 15 ml of BC Boost (micros), this has to be added first.

ForumRunner_20130126_113847.png

7.5 ml of the BC Grow

ForumRunner_20130126_114025.png

2.5 ml of the Magical and the Thrive alive B-1 red.

ForumRunner_20130126_114230.png

ForumRunner_20130126_114332.png

Finally 10ml of Sugar Daddy

ForumRunner_20130126_114537.png
    Adjustef the ph to 5.4 I will let it drift to 6.1, then bring it back to 5.4 again. The ppm is around 700.

11. Yep $1..picked up today..the dudes wife sold it for him..lol..in the sale she said not tested.so I msg her and she plugged it in and worked.But she didn't change the ad..bonus...
    Cool got your nutes..

12. The dude must have been sick when you showed up with your dollar, good deal.

13. Funny shit hey..

14. Making the move today. Buckets are full, air lines, and pump lines are connected. Working on making the buckets light proof and covering with mylar.

ForumRunner_20130128_134649.png

ForumRunner_20130128_134811.png
    A few more hours covering the buckets and running the electrical cords then I can sit back and relax.

15. What a fuck up...... I have been looking at these plants and wondering what's going on with them. As stated a couple pages ago I have been growing these plants for sometime now, cloning and growing, cloning and growing. Needless to say I know these plants. They look nothing like the other grows I did with them. Slow root growth, no branches, 2.5-3 inch between nodes. They look like I have been growing them with a 15 watt bulb ten feet away. All the conditions are the same with this grow as with the other grows, nutes, light, ph, everything. While working in the tent tonight I find that the air pumps are set on a 18/6, with the lights. I have two power strips 1 with a timer, 1 without. Had the air pumps in the wrong power strip. This has to be the problem, what do you think. I am going to post this in the hydroponics thtead and find out.

16. probably the air, it's needs it 24\0 and the more the better.
    Those pin thin leaves don't look like WW to me.

You know them WW gets a big fucking root ball... On 1\2 inch lines, I have had flooding problems due to roots growing down the drain line. I went to 1 inch and when I'm half way through flowering, I always check and pull out any roots that make it down the drain.

17. Ya I thought something was fucked up.... Just got off the phone with my bro who has all the mothers at his house. He takes the clones for our outdoor grow. I ain't got the room here at my house for everything. I told him I wanted 10 widows 5 for this grow and 5 for clones for the summer. When he brought them over I thought they looked fucked, but blew it off. As time goes by I am like what the hell... these plants don't look right. I call him up before I start this thread, man these plant look like they got way to much sativa in them to be widows... no no there widows he says. So I am like ok if you sure. Ya ya every things cool no problem man, he tells me. So while I am talking to him tonight he tells me he sold all the widows to some guy I don't know. I don't know what he was thinking, he knows I've grow these plants before. So now I look like a complete dick wondering why my widows look like sativas. Racking my brain trying to figure out what I was doing that was causing my plants to change strains. Man.....funny shit, thinking 6 hours without air being pumped into my water was causing my white widows to look funny. Ya they look funny alright. We only had five strain at his house. Well four now he sold the widows. Northern lights, sour diesel, ak, and that heavy duty tooty fruity. So you take a guess. I know its not northern lights, way to much sativa. I am voting for that heavy duty tooty fruity, unless he tossed something else in there. I can tell they are all from the same plant. So should I change the name of this thread to " Whatever the fuck this plant is from clone to harvest".

18. Oh man no WW...funny shit in the world of a grower...I was going to say they look stretchy ww
    Can this be turned into something good as well.
    Don't know much about strains so hope it's a good 1 you got.
    Bet your happy you got the set up happening now bro.

19. #79 dlpjr, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
    Ya there's more than meets the eye with this deal. Its not like were 15 year old kids selling our shit for a dime bag. I was born in 64, and he's a couple years younger then me. He's got a good job a nice house I don't think he's broke, I don't know. I don't think he really had that many plants over at his house anyway. He wouldn't start getting clones ready for outdoor grows for at least 6 weeks. When that dude made that post about the plants not looking like widows, its like a light went off in my brain, like everything got clear. Its funny how your brain works. You won't even believe what your looking at, I go back and look at the older post and its clear there not widows. Its really funny as hell. Just about everyday I'm telling my wife something fuckup with these plants, she don't know shit. She thinks I'm going crazy. I posted a thread in the hydroponics section on this site.. Whats wrong with my white widow, I got 4 or 5 pictures of a plant posted that's way more sativa then indica. No wonder no one responded to it. I deleted that as fast as I could. Well I will keep pushing along and calling my plants no name strain.

20. With em' being that small, and shitty growing like you said, I may be tempted to just some beans. I usually get em' in 10 --15 days at most from the tude. Shit them pin thin leaves maybe some sort of 120 day sativas.