Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Widom teeth relief

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Eagles7267420, Nov 16, 2012.

1. This morning i got all four of my wisdom teeth taken out. I was kinda nervous about smoking after because i heard about how you can get dry sockets from the suction. I saw somewhere people would smoke through there nose and be fine so i figured id be fine.

2. is smoking the only way of using cannabis available to you?

3. Idk y but on the moblie app it wouldnt let me type more.
    So after all the stuff from the actual surgery wore off my mouth hurt so bad i could barely do anything. I took the medication the doctor gave me, percocets, which i thought would be too strong but barely did anything at all. So a few hours later i went outside and smoked a bowl out of my bubbler through my nose. It felt kind of weird but deff worked. Even after a first tiny bowl to see how the whole nose smoking would be, my pain was basically gone unless i thought about it. I was seriously blown away on how affective it was. Ive been big supporter of mmj since i started smoking and always new that it helped with pain but never thought like this. I knew people used it for pain but never understood how it could help with severe pain. It is truly eye opening to how much it could help so many people. For one my dad is suffering from severe arthritis but is one hundred percent against marijuana.

4. And i smoking is pretty much the only way for me. I tried to get a brownie but couldn't in time.

5. Glad that worked, wasnt sure about it lolol

Im sure a nice tea/decoction would help your mouth a bit too.

6. Yea i was thinking about making some tea but didnt have too much so its all good. Btw i see you around the city a lot wats up lol

7. Ok so i've wondered about dabbing through my nose after i get my wisdoms pulled..But i was concerned that you're still creating suction in your mouth when you inhale through your nose..I know nothing of anatomy, but doesn't the nose connect to your mouth or throat? So when you inhale with your mouth closed wouldn't that create pressure/suction on your mouth & the empty sockets? I would think it might even be more pressure than just lightly drawing though the mouth to take a dab..

8. [quote name='"AfganiKush"']Ok so i've wondered about dabbing through my nose after i get my wisdoms pulled..But i was concerned that you're still creating suction in your mouth when you inhale through your nose..I know nothing of anatomy, but doesn't the nose connect to your mouth or throat? So when you inhale with your mouth closed wouldn't that create pressure/suction on your mouth & the empty sockets? I would think it might even be more pressure than just lightly drawing though the mouth to take a dab..[/quote]

Just get a bag vape

9. Im sure dabbing through your mouth is fine, theres no tar there, just vapor so if anything, it could help heal your mouth ;)

10. It is when 4 of your wisdom teeth are yanked.

Dude be careful. When mine were pulled I was fine. I smoked a fair bit to get my mind off the pain from the dentists and his massive forearms.

if you can drink water, do that. then gauze up again if you start to bleed.

11. [quote name='"Eagles7267420"']This morning i got all four of my wisdom teeth taken out. I was kinda nervous about smoking after because i heard about how you can get dry sockets from the suction. I saw somewhere people would smoke through there nose and be fine so i figured id be fine.[/quote]

I'm sure if you put some cotton balls over the area then you should be fine.

Sent from my iPod touch using GC Forum

12. Brilliant. You deserve the Nobel prize!

13. Bad idea to drink anything hot or to smoke so soon after major dental work. Grab some edibles if you're in dire need, but you have to let the holes heal over for at least a day or 2.

14. I hated getting my wisdom teeth taken out, and I didn't even get all four pulled. Apparently I did try to fight one of the nurses after the surgery because I didn't want to get in the wheelchair.

15. Glad to hear that you now have an understanding of the pain relief aspect that so many Americans could benefit from if our federal government would just allow it. I hope you heal up quickly. You should be fine to use a pipe at the 72 hour mark as long as you don't over do it inhaling.

16. yea dentist gave me some cotton pads when i got my tooth pulled just put it over the wound and your fine and dont inhale to hard just smoothly the first nites the worse then its all good after that ( i mean the pain and shit)

17. I have had all 4 out but at different times, smoked like a trooper after each one and didn't have any issues with dry sockets or anything, wait until you stop spitting blood before you start and try rinsing with salt water after you have done if you are worried about infections.

18. Wish it was that easy for mine...I had all 4 taken out at the same time & I was puking blood for a full day. Had some good pain meds, though!

19. Just had 3 of mine taken out two weeks ago this coming friday.

Started smoking about 2hrs after the surgery. Never filled my pain med script. Bled for a while, but otherwise perfectly fine and painless.

Easy as pie.

20. Shit hurts if you smoke I suggest get hands on a edible trust take my word for it!