"Wicked America" has transformed to "Good America" with Obama victory

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IGOTJOINTS4YA, Feb 16, 2009.

1. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/us_elections/article5716211.ece

Everytime I flip on BBC, it's America this America that. BBC is mostly a european news station, correct me if I am wrong, it just seems kind of odd.

They call this the Stockholm syndrome, suddenly most of Europe loves America again, which is probably a over stating things. To credit the rest of Europe and not just say it is all of Europe doing this, it seems it has been mostly in English and French headlines that this has been spinning around. I accidently clicked on a french link and it was an article showing pictures of Obama and his wife reading to children. I translated the text and it seems they were talking extremely positive of him.

Lets just hope Europe got it right, for my future I hope so.

2. It reminded the world that the People of the United States and the Government of the United States are indeed very separate entities, although eternally bound.

It's sometimes easy, especially on the international stage, to lose sight of that.

3. I just want to say that I appreciate the opportunity I have here in America, but at the same time I didn't ask to be made a citizen here. I'd rather be considered and treated like a citizen of the planet.

Then again, I didn't ask for life either but I got it.

4. Lets just hope we get our shit together.

5. im sure europeans will have something else to complain about eventually

6. All people complain, Europeans are no more special.