Wicca?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Rosemount, Jul 29, 2012.

1. I'm just posting to see if any of you blades are wiccas. I have some questions if any one can help.

2. My poor thread, one more try let's go.

3. I have a friend who might be able to help. He's pretty popular, and he goes by google

4. Dafuq izza wicca?

5. I fancied myself Wiccan in like 7th grade. I think many youngsters go through that phase.

Ultimately got nothing out of it, although I wasn't a serious practitioner or anything. I find it to be a fascinating form of spirituality, though.

6. My first gf and I were really into wicca in Jr. High. I got bored with it. I found the young adult fiction wiccan books to be more entertaining lol. My muslim dad also hated it.

7. [quote name='"wtfjusthappened"']I have a friend who might be able to help. He's pretty popular, and he goes by google[/quote]

I'm too high for this troll.

But I was Christian before but just too many holes in the whole of it. I just find more peace with my life now.

8. Wicca is a religion made up in the 1920s. If it's pagan spirituality you're after, go for one of the more original branches.

9. LOL what do you consider "more original?"

Almost the whole of "paganism" today is reconstructionist. Even the shit like Golden Dawn.

10. [quote name='"Malvolio"']

Wicca is a religion made up in the 1920s. If it's pagan spirituality you're after, go for one of the more original branches.[/quote]

Ya I'm feeling old Celtic Irish branch, I can't remember the actuall name now though.

11. im into Asatru, which is a tribal religion based out of Scandinavia, we believe in gods such as Odin Thor, Skadi, Baldur, Loki, Frejya, Frigga and the list goes on.

If you are looking into a good religion that focuses on nature go for Norse Druidism which is an asatruar religion. or you can try native american/canadian religions
    (much older than abrahamic religions)

But i hear that certain Wiccans share the same belief system as us, so if you want to ask any questions go right ahead and i can try to answer

12. Wicca is pretty cool. I did my one year study and decided it wasnt for me. The foundation is pretty standard for any of the esoteric or metaphysical studies which is what I got out of it. I may be able to help with easy questions.

13. [quote name='"MrVoorhees"']Wicca is pretty cool. I did my one year study and decided it wasnt for me. The foundation is pretty standard for any of the esoteric or metaphysical studies which is what I got out of it. I may be able to help with easy questions.[/quote]

Ok, well starting question the one year study is learning about what other then all the different paths.

14. I've never heard of a wiccan male though. Is it just uncommon?

15. Yes, it's pretty uncommon, although certainly not unheard of.

Wicca tends to be an outlet for females raised in patriarchal western religions, looking for a way to connect with feminine spirituality. While Wicca does honor "God and Goddess," almost every Wiccan I've met has exclusively worked with Goddess because they connect with those aspects of the Divine more specifically.

16. I recommend reading Irish myths if you want to get into their spirituality. Just get ready for interesting pronunciations :D

Not a Wiccan, so I can't help you with questions about the religion. I do fancy myself a heathen, though.

17. I've actually never met a Wiccan who uses the Irish pantheon. It has always been weird to me because, in my opinion, the Irish pantheon and myth cycle is by far the coolest of any ancient culture, and it just seems to really fit within Wicca quite well.

Most Wiccans I have met subscribe to a Norse pantheon. Some Greek and Roman as well.

18. I'm going with the Irish path though, iv always been connected to Irish, plus I really am drawn to Celtic music.

19. Nordic myths and Wicca don't really mix in my mind, considering how violent the Norse were. After all, Wiccans believe in the Law of 3, which I think is silly, but whatever.

20. are u some sort of warlock brah?