1. When you were little you believed in Santa Clause, now you believe in God.

2. You want to know why people believe?  Beliefs are learned, and most usually indoctrinated.  Most are unable to shake indoctrination that implies if they ever reject it they will burn forever.  This is why religious indoctrination is a form of child abuse.

3. I don't remember believing in Santa Claus, but I'm familiar with the story. And I went with the flow for my own kids because it was cute. I used to call home from work, and talk like Santa while jingling bells in my hand and asking my kids what they wanted for Christmas. When I got home they would climb up me like climbing a tree, overwhelmed with excitement. It was fun while it lasted. But as they got older, the Santa story didn't seem to hold much water, and the original Jesus story trumps still to this day even after all the attempted corruption by the money mongers and cults over the centuries.How about you?

4. when i was little ... i believed my parents were full of shit....
    And that there was so much going on around them that they either couldn't see.... or just didn't want to see....
    Now....
    Someone else's 3letter word falls far short of encompassing all that i see around me...

5. It's what my intuition drove me to.

6. Santa was forced on me as a child, but thats okay he gave me presents.
    God was forced on me as a teenager but that's okay because he saved me from an illness i didnt know I had...

God demands you love him and fear him. Last I checked, it is impossible to both love and fear somebody, if you fear them you cannot truly love them and they cannot truly love you.

God makes us sick and demands us to be well.. that is the true illness of religion.