Why!?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by OG Yoda, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Why do my plants become healthy, then they grow and grow then start to die? Every time.. Ugh it's irritating..

2. what stage are they dieing in?

3. bout how many weeks? reason why I ask is the younger they are... the easier it is to over water or over fertilize. Overwatering is what popped in my head first, because i used to have this problem.

4. Usually around 2 weeks, i thought it was over watering too. So I stopped watering them for a couple days. I usually water once every 2 days. But I JUST NOW put drain holes in. Could it be because I did not have drain holes??

5. Could b a lot of things that young. First is to much water but they would look droopy n you could have drowned them with no holes if you watered to much n it filled pot n couldn't drain. Do they yellow bfore dying if so maybe ur soil is to hot ( high nitrogen) what kind of soil or soilless mix. How much nutes are you giving them? N finally put up some pics it way easier to figure out. Good luck

6. #7 blankss, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2013
    Only water when they need it pick the pot up n water when it's light ur soil may just hold to much water IMO. Watch the plant she'll tell ya when to water leaves start to droop. You rolling clones or seeds?

7. The leaves are green, they start to curl under then turn yellow. And I dont give any nutes until it shows signs of wanting nutes

8. are you using soil? are they really dieing like dead as a door nail dead or is the growth becoming stagnant? I think you might be drowning them. Moreover if you are using soil and it is damp perpetually it can denitrify you soil. Common problem in agriculture. Happen faster with higher temps.

One other thing is... in my humble understanding... I am pretty sure the presence of oxygen is needed to absorb nitrogen.

One remedy I know is to mix hydrogen peroxide with your water. You can mix up to 30 ml per quart. This helps some times and i have never seen it hurt.