Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why your cannabudder doesnt work

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by HopeForTheDope, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Ok so I've been attempting to make edibles the past few months everything from brownies and cookies to oil and firecrackers and they never work even though I follow the guides correctly but last week I made my 1st successful batch of cannabudder I used 1.5 of some mids and about 2 table spoons of clarified butter, but this time instead of cooking at 350 for like 30 minutes I slow cooked it at 225 for 3 hours and decarbed at 225 for 10 minutes, I used a pot of water (gas flame stove) and let the water come to a very slow boil on the lowest setting and then I put my clarified butter (when you melt it and put it back in the fridge and it goes back into a buttery form except the solids are at the bottom and most of the water is out, basically dump out the water and scrape the too layer of butter) in a small metal bowl with my finely grinded dope put some foil over it put it in the pot then put a lid over it all and waited ... I woke up the next morning for school and put it on a peice of toast and headed out all disappointed because I didn't think it would work, to my surprise in 20 minutes I was like "am I high? I feel high" and 15 minutes after that I was like "WTF" and it just kept getting stronger for like 45 more minutes and lasted about 3 to 4 hours (includeing comedown) ... I'm telling you guys slow cook it don't get in a rush you don't wanna waste bud because wasteing bud calls for a very unhappy day, the things I did differnt this time was the slow cook, clarified butter, and I decarbed it ... I didn't mean to make this sound like a tut or anything because if it is its an awefully shitty one I was just explaining my steps for all the unhappy people out there wondering what it's like to get high from eating your weed ... Point is decarb, clarify, slow cook and it will work

2. Good "points", if i may add something coconut oil and soy lecithin make a night and day difference between recipes that dont use them. If you start with only premium ingredients and lots of patience (doing it the right way, even if it is going to take longer) your efforts will be greatly rewarded.

3. I've never personally tried coconut oil or soy lecithin but I would assume the high fat content would help really well, but that is very true the more patient and time you put into it better the results learnt that hard way wasteing bud and shit

4. I've never personally tried coconut oil or soy lecithin but I would assume the high fat content would help really well, but that is very true the more patient and time you put into it better the results learnt that hard way wasteing bud and shit

5. another way is use a crock pot and cook it for a couple of days!!!

6. Am I the only one annoyed by his spelling of butter?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. and the wall of text. poor guy must be working without an enter key :(

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I'm excited for you man!!! When it all comes together it's really really exciting.

All the haters are just illiterate unless there is perfect grammar, syntax, and spelling :p writing is about communication and for me personally, I can understand what you're trying to communicate even though it doesn't adhere to the strict standards put out by the uppity grammar and English departments of the world!

Language, an ever-evolving entity whose boundaries and rules are set forth by those who speak and write it. Why should any organization try to corrupt that with their rule-setting "authority"? Perhaps y'all should communicate with one another with "Lojban" (sp), a new language which is the only one created with ease of use in mind.

This guy here is excitedly trying to share his results with us and help one another out. Thanks buddy, it's their loss that your slight spelling variations and paragraph formatting differ slightly from convention! I on the other hand will gladly understand and implement the knowledge you have gratefully bestowed upon us lesser beings who have the ability to use our brains to understand things!

I can only imagine your excitement from getting high as balls from that toast after so many initial, less successful trials. Good job man!

Like a few others have said consider using coconut oil; its abundance of medium chain triglycerides are more easily processed by our bodies so it makes for a better cannabinoid delivery system.

And also the lecithin which increases the bioavailability. Just literally throw a teaspoon or tablespoon or so into the amounts you're working with next time. It's like $4-5 dollars at the store and you can find it in granules, powder, or sometimes liquid.

Once again good job!

how do I change my signature

9. Penis, you're right. I was being a grump :(

Good work, OP. I'm actually jealous. I want to start makin some edibles myself once I harvest.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Who knew a dude named penisface would blow my mind one day, ain't that some shit