Why you should avoid fast food at all costs.

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Pass the Piece, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Bone marrow is different but other than that yeah organs are made up of basically the same stuff as skeletal muscle, organ meat is actually sometimes more nutritious than skeletal muscle meat. Liver is actually great it's got shit tons of vitamins and micronutrients. I think any residual toxins in the liver would be broken down by cooking it.

He's calling it dog food when it's really not, it stuff that when processed one way can become dog food, or if they treat it a different way it can be fit for human consumption. Just because they can make dog food out of it doesn't make it bad meat.

Look fast food's been on the chopping block for years but altogether it's not gourmet stuff but it's not the poison people say it is. It's just meat, veggies, bread, potatoes etc. Sure it's high in calories but that doesn't make it bad necessarily. If you eat it everyday you might get fat. That's your problem, not McDonalds'. Saying it's unhealthy to even occasionally eat fast food is just bullshit.

TBH the beef I have with McD's has more to do with the fact that their food is crappily prepared and they never get my fucking order right! :mad:

2. Fast food does not contain whole foods. Its heavily processed with a shit ton of additives and preservatives. Fast food places like McDonalds uses the worst kind of meat. The animals they used are pumped full of antibiotics and hormones and are kept in unfit conditions.

3. All meat you buy at the store contains preservatives. Most cows are fed growth hormones and antibiotics to keep them healthy and make them yield more meat. Just because the cow was fed stuff it wouldn't come across if it wasn't kept by humans doesn't mean the meat is any worse, necessarily. The beef McDonald's puts in their burgers is no worse than any beef you'll buy in the grocery store.

4. [quote name='"JuanRing"']

All meat you buy at the store contains preservatives. Most cows are fed growth hormones and antibiotics to keep them healthy and make them yield more meat. Just because the cow was fed stuff it wouldn't come across if it wasn't kept by humans doesn't mean the meat is any worse, necessarily. The beef McDonald's puts in their burgers is no worse than any beef you'll buy in the grocery store.[/quote]

He probly buys all organic.

But thete us of coarse no evidence that organic is better. Its just expensive

5. I do not buy or eat processed foods or any meat with preservatives. If I eat meat, I'll get local free range meat or wild game. But I rarely ever eat meat.

6. #26 As Above So Below, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2012
    $5 Million Class-Action Lawsuit Alleges Taco Bell Sells Fake Beef | Digg Topnews
    You think McD's is any better ;)

A Big Mac has 540 calories and 29 grams of fat.
    A Large Fry has 500 calories and 25 grams of fat.

A meal for me is ~460 calories and 51 grams of fat per DAY. So not only did I eat half of my daily calories in one sitting, I also ate MORE than my total days worth of recommended fat... In one sitting.

I don't care who you are and what "scientific sources" you provide, McDonald's IS bad for your health. A little common sense and the ability to look up nutrtional information is all it takes to debunk this one :cool:

7. I wish I could take some blades out to eat and show em how far their bucks can go and how good food can be if they simply avoided fast food.

Yes you MIGHT have to look a bit, but it's well worth it and saves MONEY!

Cheap items were designed for the poor, stop admitting you're poor, you're not.

8. [quote name='"Xblunt-manX"']$5 Million Class-Action Lawsuit Alleges Taco Bell Sells Fake Beef | Digg Topnews

You think McD's is any better ;)

A Big Mac has 540 calories and 29 grams of fat.
    A Large Fry has 500 calories and 25 grams of fat.

A meal for me is ~460 calories and 51 grams of fat per DAY. So not only did I eat half of my daily calories in one sitting, I also ate MORE than my total days worth of recommended fat... In one sitting.

I don't care who you are and what "scientific sources" you provide, McDonald's IS bad for your health. A little common sense and the ability to look up nutrtional information is all it takes to debunk this one :cool:[/quote]

We were not trying to say mcdonalds was healthy. We were debunking the "pink slime" falacy

Pink slime is just a nasty way of saying eat every part of the animal, which all predators do.

But yea mcdonalds is loaddd with fat and preservatives, as well as refined starches and sugars. In my previous post i wanted a source for the claim thay it has amonium hydroxide in it though.

9. [quote name='"MaxAmmo"']I wish I could take some blades out to eat and show em how far their bucks can go and how good food can be if they simply avoided fast food.

Yes you MIGHT have to look a bit, but it's well worth it and saves MONEY!

Cheap items were designed for the poor, stop admitting you're poor, you're not.[/quote]

So true. Can get most fruits amd.veggies for under 2$ a lb. if you can go with only a lb of meat a day.and.eat lots of rice, your eating a healthy poor mans.diet.

Suppliment fish.whenever you can tho

10. #30 As Above So Below, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2012
    What do you mean a poor mans diet? I eat about a pound of meat/protein a day (well i eat at least my body weight in protein, 140g+) along with fruits/veggies and other things

I love fish but it's expensive as hell in my area. And the frozen stuff isn't even worth looking at, it's all bad.

I wasn't necessarily directing my post towards you, it was just a general post. I've seen some people say McDonald's isn't bad for you but it obviously is.

11. [quote name='"Xblunt-manX"']
    What do you mean a poor mans diet? I eat about a pound of meat/protein a day (well i eat at least my body weight in protein, 140g+) along with fruits/veggies and other things

I love fish but it's expensive as hell in my area. And the frozen stuff isn't even worth looking at, it's all bad.

I wasn't necessarily directing my post towards you, it was just a general post. I've seen some people say McDonald's isn't bad for you but it obviously is.[/quote]

Poor mans diet just means a diet you can afford on poverty level income. Most people think you need money to eat healthy, but you dont.
    fresh fruits and salads require no preperation or cooking or expensive ingredients, so you save there too.

As for frozen stuff. Its not as bad as you make it sound. Frozen fish filets are flash frozen after being.caught. Yes fish is more expensive but you dont need a lot of it. A good 3 oz serving a few times a week is plenty affordible and supplies tons of good nutrients

Also even fish sticks and breaded fish contain good quality protein and omega 3. I wouldnt reccomend eating tons of pricessed foods, but if fish sticks a few times a week are your only sin, it wont hurt you at all, it is a good way to get fish in your diet

12. Well said!

Eating salmon collars as we text.

13. Thanks for the info dude :D I was under the assumption that most frozen/processed food is bad for you. I usually have Van de Kamps frozen fish fillets but my mom was saying that it's really bad for you.

14. I pretty much only eat in n out once every six months or so. I dont eat out or own a cell phone. Saved that money and bought a house. Hell ya.

15. ^ Good shit. I downgraded to a cheap flip phone, can't cut it off completely :( That along with FB. I Hate FB but I just can't get rid of it. relatives and a few friends,etc.

But I do know a lot of companies look at FB accounts, and privacy settings don't mean shit...

16. [quote name='"Xblunt-manX"']
    Thanks for the info dude :D I was under the assumption that most frozen/processed food is bad for you. I usually have Van de Kamps frozen fish fillets but my mom was saying that it's really bad for you.[/quote]

Frozen and.processed dont mean the same thing many foods are frozen fresh.

Also processed is an overgeneralized term. Processed sugar and starch are very bad and so are preservatives. But the ammount of those things in occasional portions of fish sticks isnt much