Why would you want it to be Legal?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by zooyorkbiker, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Why would you want to have it legalized it just needs to be decriminalized so that company's wont put nasty shit in our weed with decriminalization we can smoke it and have it on you and it doesn't matter if you legalize it there will be a lot more rules and conflicts that we don't even need anymore but some stupid fuckers don't understand the concept and proceed to pass by.

2. I like marijuana law as it is (at least in the state of California).

3. Same here (in Maine). We have medicinal dispensaries now and have had marijuana decriminalized for a while now. You can have like up to two ounces on you and it's just a ticket (court summons). Most of the time you pay a fine or community service.

I hear that in other states you can be arrested for something as little as a joint...

4. Ya man your lucky over some ways(Indiana) if you are caught with over i think an ounce you get arresten my friend was aressted for have a bowl in his locker in school a very few years back.

5. I'm just gonna be sad if it becomes legal this year and the age is 21 and up.

6. that doesn't mean you cant smoke and just get a medical reason i smoke weed because of my depression.

7. Honestly, I think the whole system needs a revamp. Especially in California which sets a bad example for what we should be accomplishing. Anything besides severe chronic pain, cancer, MS, aka extreme illness' shouldn't be allowed. Yes, I'm talking about depression and similiar things like anxiety cause we can cope with these things in the day to day to some extent. The message we are sending to the government is we want "recreational" use, which we do but in our situation to get this accomplished it has to be considered medicine. Anyone can go see a doctor say they have headaches and agoraphobia and get the herb. To fix the problem the only real solution we have is to get these people who smoke for shits and giggles to stop abusing the medical system and get the plant rescheduled federally. I'm sure your fine over there walking into a dispensary getting your oz for a nice price and enjoying what you work hard for because who wouldn't. Yet, there are people in other states who aren't able to get real medicine for real sickness because all the government sees are stoners abusing the only system we have currently which hurts everyone. What happened to "The lives of many outweigh the lives of few?" people should suck it up, let it become medicine and everyone will prosper for it. :(

I'm all for legalization. The only people who aren't are bible belt conservatives and growers/dealers who have no soul and want to profit from prohibition. To get change is simple..

-Stop abusing system
    -Show them we are serious about it being medicine
    -Reschedule drug
    -Force legalization/decriminalization with proven facts from marijuana studies now funded by big pharma.
    -Enjoy the smoke

8. No scary company is going to put chemicals in your weed. That is the most asinine fear monger concept. Cannabis needs to be legalized so everybody can use it safely, so it can be grown for fuel and industrial purposes, so we can fully utilize it to it's full potential, so nobody else is thrown in jail for possessing a plant, so thousands will stop dying along the southern border and so we can further spread the medicinal greatness of cannabis.

If you have a problem with that, kindly fuck off.

9. -It will be cheaper
    -It will be far easier to buy
    -It won't get me arrested or fined
    -The stigma around it will start to fade away

There are plenty more reasons, but these are more than enough for me.

10. If you are under 21 what would that matter to you? If you are smoking illegally now, you would still be smoking illegally then, only you would know that in a couple years you could smoke penalty free. Legalization is ideal.

11. As I clicked on this I said to myself "I bet my left nut he has under 15 posts.

12. Because prohibition is a litteral crime against humanity in all sences.

13. lol...Dude do you seriously think all your weed is 100% organic?

I grow as organic as i feel i can/should.. I still use plenty of "chemical" nutrients.

Magi-Cal, Snowstorm and Gravity.. Technically natural derivatives but just using these as an example, i look up and i see multiple things i use for certain conditions and to combat particular issues.

Sure proper flush and all that always but even though my herb is "organic" its still using natural deritives processed into chemical nutrients/supplements.

They do not exactly put all these nasty "chemicals" in weed nor do all cigarette manufactures. Plenty of natural brands you can still purchase that do not have the additives...there is no need to add additives to cannabis like there is with tobacco in this regard.

14. Because it is my personal freedom...

One day the government might decide its a crime for you to fuck, take shit or drink a beer...

15. Because decriminalization maintains the black market and all the ills and perils therein.
    :rolleyes:

16. Jesus Christ, another one of these threads...

[​IMG]

"Yeah I heard if they legalize cannabis the only way you will be allowed to get high is by having a government appointed officer come over and give you a THC enema so lets keep it illegal!"

17. Soooo agree. It is supposedly decriminalized in my state and I just looked at the local news and some dude is sitting in jail as I post this for $600 of weed. What, maybe two ounces? This plant needs to be LEGAL. You want to tell me I can't smoke indoors like cigarettes? Fine. Can't smoke in the presence of kids? Fine. Want me to pay a 10% tax on the weed I buy at the local store? Fine I can grow my own if I don't like it. Legally. Fuck decriminalization, Fuck medical use only. Just legalize and regulate it. Stop sending fuckers to jail for owning a plant.

18. This I agree with.

Legalize it.

19. #19 paintballerb2k, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2012
    Yeah but then every grower and medical dispensary employee will be out a job and replaced by minimum wage factory workers employed by large evil corporations ;)

Edit: Legalizing marijuana is a no brainer both to benefit every user and also to boost our overall economy. The reason why some people are voting against legalization is because it will destroy the current marijuana market. If you think about how many people are currently involved with it: growers, dispensary workers, marketers etc will loose their job by legalization. The price of marijuana will be extremely deflated now that people can produce it legally and industrially which will negatively impact the current market. I live in California and there must be at least 20-30+ dispensaries in a 50 mi radius.

20. Why would legalization mean companies get to put whatever they want in cannabis. This didn't happen with the legalization of alcohol. You don't see budweiser adding chemicals to get people addicted. If they did nobody would buy it... Just because tobacco made these mistakes doesn't mean it automatically will happen with cannabis. Infact that's kind of the point of legalization, to put rules and regulations in. Tell us whats to keep illegal growers from adding addictive chemicals to cannabis? NOTHING because there are no rules and regulations in a black market. IF anything legalization would bring higher quality cannabis!

Of course this is coming from a guy in a medical/decrim state, so you're apart of the "I gots mine" crowd. Without any care for those who are affected by the black market or by laws in states without medical/decrim. There was a lady that got 12 years in prison for selling 30$ worth in Kansas. Yet you justify the continuation of prohibition because of a conspiracy theory!