Why would you even vote for Obama?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mbleezy, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Why would you even vote for Obama? He has no experience, no one knows anything about him besides that last year of his life. He has been with a church that openly degrades America. He had his daughter married by the preacher of that same church. He flip flops on most of his opinions depending on what the crowd wants. He only talks about change and does not really describe his own plans. He NEVER fully answers a question.

I DO NOT LIKE EITHER CANDIDATE BUT OUT OF THE TWO MCCAIN IS BETTER!

ISSUES:

Universal Health care- This idea is crap, people do not THINK in depth about this. Yeah it sounds good. Everyone gets health care and everyones happy right? NO. People do not realize how much the quality of care is going to go down. There will be so many people in the hostipals that the wait will be even longer than it is now. With universal heath care also comes more taxes because who is going to pay for it besides tax payers.

Iraq War- The Iraq war is a war. What do people excpet? NO WAR is just simple. It takes time and money... If we were in it for the Oil why are the prices going up? and dont you think that if we were after the oil we would have it already? I agree that it is getting old and that we should reduce the number of troops but we CANNOT just leave all of those people over there without nothing. They will go back to the communists way they were and we would have gone over there for absolutly nothing. And i hate when people say that we should have never went over there. Thats like saying "Oh well that killed 3000 people for no reason. We will forgive you!". And when 9/11 happened EVERYONE wanted to go to war but now that its costing money people dont agree with it.

MCCAIN 2008!!!!!

AND DO NOT JUST VOTE FOR OBAMA BECAUSE HE IS BLACK, AND THINK ABOUT IT....IF HE WAS WHITE WOULD YOU STILL HAVE CONSIDERED HIM? MAKE SURE YOU ACTUALLY INFOM YOURSELF ABOUT EACH CANDIATE BEFORE YOU MAKE A DECISION!

And thats just some of my opinions comment back so we can agrue haha :p

(Sorry if I am off on somethings but I think all the statements made above are true if not look them up and correct me)

2. F'realsies. mbleezy for politics mod. Save the Iraqis from communism. I'ma start the campaign.

3. #3 tfunkadelic, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2008
    Yea yea get it get it!

McKizzy bout to get it poppin in this ma!

:hello::hello::hello:

I think you're a mole person who survives off of trickle down fecal matter in the sewers. Find me hard evidence that says otherwise.

4. I dont know if you were trying to insult me or not, but that just one issue that i talked about, and if your so smart than what other reason did we go to war besides to get Saddam Hussan (sorry for spelling) and stop them from comminting terrorist acts? And if you guys wanna debate with me than do it do not try to be a smart ass.

5. Oh and by the way how about you talk about how Obama is going to help the US, and ill be here to contradict you.

6. No man, you get it. Ignore the other guy, he just hates freedom (for serious).We went to war cuz Hussan really hates freedom and happiness and bunnies. He mistakenly thought those towers were filled with happy bunnies. Jokes on him! So we had to go in and win the war. And people bitch about us spending $720,000,000 a day there! Ungrateful hippies, man. Ungrateful hippies.

7. #7 tfunkadelic, Sep 16, 2008
    I will...just as soon as you prove to me that you don't use diarrhea for mouth wash each morning when you wake up in your sewer home.

This forum is for actual debate, not taunting fellow posters because they disagree with you. - Liquidtruth

8. Fuck you too bro! :wave:

9. mbleezy, pics quick! We're losing the argument!

10. Wow your mature, i thought that people here would actually be willing to hold a logical debate but I guess not. How about you grow up than come back.

11. Just curious, how do you propose we stand up to them? And where do you get your information from? :).

Save Iraqis from communism '08

12. I research the cost per barrell, than did math... And I think we should make up a set of BASIC laws for them to follow and thats it. Did you know that we made the constitution for japan it they still have it in effect and its working grand

13. ^^ agree, the govs are getting out of controll, we need less tax, less gov, more freedom
    and, oil companies and health insernce is just getting fuckin ridiculious, gov is not focusin on anything ex money and war...

yes i agree that we should go to war with iraq. but this whole war is just based on lies, couple or more military people knows this but they have to do their jobs, so lets bring the troops home and make revolution against the govs.

14. I like this guy. And yes i agree that our government lied to us but its to late to turn back, we should start to pull out slowly

15. #15 Tray Dub, Sep 16, 2008
    Okay, so here's your first lesson. Google is your friend. You use him to learn things, so you're not talking out of your ass. I'm glad you at least tried to get a number, but you've gotta realize that not all the money from each barrel of oil goes into the oil company's pockets. They made more like $75 billion last year, not $2 trillion. That's still an estimate from me, but it's based on math done by a good source (edit: Fortune 500, sorry).

http://www.alternat1ve.com/biofuel/2008/07/10/2008-fortune-500-oil-companies-rank-high-in-profit-list/

And they do have basic rules. Although the regulations are not as strong as they should be, and a tax on their profits should be instituted (something McCain attacked Obama for supporting, by the way). I'm not even arguing with you, because while your methodology and facts are awful, you're right that we do need to stand up to big oil. But as for Iraq, universal health care, and Obama, you're fundamentally wrong. And I don't want to have to explain why for each topic. Do some damn research before you start spouting shit out of your math.

As for Japan's constitution, who gives a fuck. You're not a snapple cap, I don't want to hear random facts. Give me relevant arguments.

16. But that's like, work, man!

17. Obama has the experience and credentials to be a viable candidate... he has served almost 4 years as a U.S. Senator, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Subcommittee on European Affairs, 8 years as an Illinois State Senator, community organizer, graduated from Columbia and Harvard Law, President of the Harvard Law Review, etc. Just because he isn't part of a well-known political family or a Washington insider doesn't mean he's just some random unqualified person.

His daughters are both too young to be married.. it was him and his wife who were married by Rev. Wright. And there is no record that Wright made such degrading comments prior to the last year or so. If you look at the big picture, the issue was over a man who was fed up with the government (like most of us are) and said some things in the heat of the moment that he shouldn't have. But of course in today's politics, guilt by association is all that matters. Obama has since left the church and denounced the comments made by his former pastor.

If you really look at their records, McCain has flip-flopped on more issues than Obama has. All politicians are guilty of trying to appeal to a certain crowd from time to time. We all know McCain was considered to be a pretty liberal Republican until his recent desperate attempts to bring in the conservative base.

This is an argument I hear all the time - that Obama just throws around the word change without having any substance. I don't understand where this is coming from... from everything I've heard, he has very clearly described what is wrong with our government and laid out detailed plans on how to change it. He certainly seems more knowledgeable about important issues than McCain, who openly admits he doesn't know much about the economy, but thinks it is in good shape. Go to Obama's website and click on "Issues" if there is anything you're uncertain about.

Obama's plan for health care would actually allow patients with more urgent and serious needs to be first priority. His plan is designed to get rid of all the waiting and unnecessary processes that people currently have to go through. It's not about giving a free ride... it's about making the system work better for everyone. Including those who already have sufficient care, and those who are suffering through no fault of their own.

If you want to talk about balancing the budget, it is very clear that Obama is fiscally more conservative than McCain. The Republicans are supposed to be the party against wasteful and excessive spending, yet each Republican administration (especially Bush) has given us a new record high national debt. Clinton managed to lower it and actually produce a surplus, by keeping the economy strong, and only allowing legislature to pass that could be paid for. Obama plans to do the same.

As far as taxes, Obama would lower them significantly for people who make less than $250,000 a year, which is 95% of the country. McCain would lower them across the board, which would send us into further debt. Not to mention that the war is costing us billions of dollars we don't have every month.

The war was based on intelligence that has now been proven unreliable and false. Our government told us that Iraq was developing weapons of mass destruction, and that Saddam Hussein was an immediate threat to the U.S. Neither of these things were true. There was no connection to al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or 9/11, and although we weren't on the best terms, war was completely avoidable. We can all agree that the world is better off without Saddam, but it wasn't worth the trillions of dollars we've spent and the lives we've lost on both sides. Bush claimed he was against nation-building when he campaigned in 2000. We've done nothing but create further tension in the region and severely damage our reputation with the rest of the world.

What we should have done was put all our effort into defeating the terrorist organizations that attacked us, but instead we got sidetracked with Iraq and created a bigger problem.

18. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9HUdF9OZa8

I don't think he all of sudden got his views after 9/11. The only reason he left was because of the campaign and he knew it would hurt his chances to be affiliated with him.

Oh and then there is this guy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m89m0pC_bpY

19. only reason im not voting mccain.
    sarah palin.

because if he is voted into office and dies.

you have no idea of the repercussion of the actions of voters to vote this stupid cunt it.

20. Enlighten me