Why would they give me a second chance?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by trippy-tabs, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Hey everyone, I got an email telling me I can resume the test...why? Why would they give me a second chance? My resume is fairly beefy with all my projects/what I've learned but, would that be the reason?
    I figured out how to make a matrix without numpy (don't think you're allowed to use modules for the test) so, hopefully I can pass the thing this time.

The first part of the test is to make a matrix then get the highest sum of columns (if the second column is higher than first, use that) then sum the two highest sums and return it. The second part is to make a function that can figure out if it can make a given word from a given list of characters, which I can do fairly easily but damn that first part.
    Wish. Me. Luck
    *Intimidated as fuck*

2. That you can resume it..........meaning......to keep going, or finish it? Maybe you didn't finish it?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well heck, that's great news. Brush up and knock that sucker out of the park.

Perhaps they can see your eagerness or attitude and think you can be a good fit.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm pretty sure the time ran out last time I did it. Either way, it's a second chance.

5. You know it! I hope they do, it might get them to help me get formal education, even though I never graduated high school lmfao
    Just learned how to make matrixes from the number or rows and columns and a list of inputs (example: rows=3, cols=3, inputs=[4,5,7, 8,9,2, 7,3,5])
    Now I need to figure out how to find the highest row and column sum, then return the sum of those.
    If I get this job I'll spend most of my time learning whatever I need to. Only 10-15 hours a week but starts at around $40 an hour.
    I'm very intimidated because the place is for advanced scientific programming/physics/astrophysics and... I'm self taught and have been coding for under a year, with no college nor formal teaching lmao

Wish me luck, if I can just get a foot in the door, I'll work my ass off the get down the hallway.

P.s I have no friends and no one that gives a shit about me/understands code so this is where I go for programming companionship and I've been pleasantly surprised to find out you are all cool people. So thanks for being you :D

• Like Like x 2