Why would Satan want to torture sinners?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by feudalism, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Cause hes the devil and the devil is a fucking asshole.

2. He doesn't torture anyone in hell, dammit! :p

3. because he is all mad that he doesnt exist.

4. That's an interesting statement considering what went before it. You'd basically tell the alien or the returned prophet "that's just like, your opinion, man" and keep to your own. I don't understand how you can expect more than two hours (which is about what I'd give at this point) of my time, or how you can think two entire months of my time is even remotely appropriate to ask for when you can't even begin to motivate me to do it.

It isn't as if I don't regularly seek that motivation, only to be told "spend way too much time on a roll of the dice." You can't show me anything yourself, and apparently few (if any) can, but you can't pretend as if I'm not interested in seeing your truth. Count my wary of a person who looks at me and says my truth is false. I know well enough I couldn't do the same. I'm a skeptic, but you can't inhabit a skeptical position universally, so show me something to motivate me before acting as if I'm being unreasonable when I don't want to devote a piece of my life to something that might be a fraud.

5. Well animals are flawed too, does this just pertain to Humans though?

6. [quote name='"iSPARK"']

Well animals are flawed too, does this just pertain to Humans though?[/quote]

Look up the thread "had my faith in the human race... (cant remember the last word hahaha)" read some pages in this thread.
    Animals will actually help out eachother and care for eachother. They dont rape, murder, and torture thier own species! Sure they hunt, but almost all animals hunt, we are the only species that are just vile as hell to eachother.

7. some animals kill things and don't eat them.

8. [quote name='"DrewLee865"']some animals kill things and don't eat them.[/quote]

True. but they dont sit there and rape and torture them for hours

9. You're trying to say that animals don't kill each other, or force sex to continue their species? Animal sex isn't always consensual there bud lol.

Animals fight far more than humans do, they just haven't developed weapons and ways to quickly kill. If you walk across your neighbors yard, he won't maul you, an animal will.

10. [quote name='"1Trismegistus1"']You're trying to say that animals don't kill each other, or force sex to continue their species? Animal sex isn't always consensual there bud lol.

Animals fight far more than humans do, they just haven't developed weapons and ways to quickly kill. If you walk across your neighbors yard, he won't maul you, an animal will.[/quote]

Trespassing bro, we have the right to kill eachother. Most animals must do something to win the favor of the one they want to mate with, example: the male penguin will search for the perfect pebble to present to the female. If she accepts, they get to continue the species. Im not saying animals arent corrupt (sorry if i came off that way) im just saying humans are MUCH worse. But thats myopinion bro, to each his own.

11. Your first thought isn't "KILL KILL KILL" if someone walks in your yard, first you go and address the problem in a peaceful manner instead of running at them and mauling them even after they get off your property.

Animals are more greedy than humans as well, they will let their weak starve to death, they generally show no altruism which is present in most human beings to at least some degree. They will steal as well.

If you gave an animal a mind with human reasoning ability there would be immense war constantly lol. We only see them as innocent for this exact reason, because they DON'T know better.

12. The idea of satan from a biblical perspective. The idea of satan that I have come up with seeing how he is described as having a lot of the same powers as god if you really think about it. Perhaps Satan is just a part of god like say his bad side. Good cannot exist without evil. I don't know I am just speculating.

13. Lmao. And you actually have the gall to say that other people on this forum don't understand the difference between philosophy and sophistry? :hide:

14. Tell a 7 year old to use his imagination to think of the most evil mean monster under your bed. That's satan right there. That's where and how we got the idea.

Figments of our imaginations often don't make sense in reality.

15. The idea of the devil was thought up to scare little catholic boys into listening to fathers without question. To obey their fathers or face burning In hell. The priests use the devil to scare people into giving their money up, and to scare little boys from reporting the sexual abuse from the hands of the priest. Just like how the government made up terrorists to keep us scared, the church has been lying to people since they were formed.

16. Misery loves company.

17. Wow im surprised, the book of job explains the devil.

Satan, lucifer etc... Was the angel of judgement. His job was to tell God who is a sinner or not. The problem is, satan believes all of man to be sinners, he believed the only reason man acted good was because of all of what God gives him. Satans arguement was, if u were to take away what God gave them that man would renounce God and show his true colors.

Satan believed that only the angels deserved Gods grace. Satan was tossed out because he refused to be below the mortals. Now he tries to prove God wrong by tempting mortals.

Thats the story of satan.

18. The description of the devil/satan is VERY similar to our egos. Purifying and freeing ones self from the corruption, illusion and limitations of the ego is the main teaching of many different religions including Buddhism. It starts to make sense once you take a deeper look at it.

19. Logically it won't make sense, because when they were 'writing' the book they didn't think it that far.

They didn't expect so many people to check the details. And that's why they say 'the devils in the details' because they DON'T want you checking up on their bullshit story, ok?

20. The idea of Hell is ridiculous.

For example, I have spent my life teaching children. Everyday I go to a job I love as a teacher....I will spend the rest of my life teaching and building up children to be the best they can be.

But according to the Bible's supposed view, I will be right there in Hell next to Sandusky....who has ass raped and molested boys now going back to the early 80's...ruined all their lives...as well as anyone that is connected to his miserable ass.

I will be in Hell right next to him, Hitler, and every other murderer rapist and degenerate that ever existed...all because my brain wont accept the illogical thought and dogma of the Christian religion...pfft

.lol.....I dont buy it for a second.