Why wont they grow?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Smokey McPot, Dec 10, 2005.

1. I have a regular shelf setup under a florescent bulb and a pot with a seed in it under a regular light and i cant get them to grow, the last time i grew it only took about 3-7 days for the seeds to sprout but i've had these for a week and a half and they still haven't sprouted. what am i doing wrong?

2. Well the light wouldnt matter presprout,so you can rule that out. I believe that they dont take in light until they develop leaves besides the first 2 (correct me if im wrong)

1) Bad seeds
    2) Soil isnt moist (very important)
    3) They need more time.

I only used the paper towel germ method for seeds. Moisture is locked in, its a tad humid. Its good to keep the seed moist at all times, not just because it needs the water but the shell is obviously softer so the shell is easier to get through.

3. Opps, also...

If the soil is indeed wet and not dry you should put a plastic bag over the top to keep the moisture in,use a ruber band to hold the bag on. Its not that great to water a young/ fragile upcoming sprout. Then remove once sprouted.

4. I just get a jar cover, put water in it then drop my seeds in and in about 24 hours you should see them crack open if they are good....

You dont need light yet only a warm spot will do till you see them pop open.
    then you can put it in some wet soil....

good luck :smoke:

5. use the germination tech. on this website, 9/10 seeds always sprout for me

6. yeah, your success rate will skyrocket if you germ the seeds first before putting them in the soil.

7. Cannabis seeds need two things to germinate, heat and moisture. Make sure that the soil or germination media temp is at least 70 deg F.