why won't my joints stay lit?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by MrGanjaMan805, Aug 9, 2012.

1. I use a RAW roller to roll my joints and i use bugler papers or the bob marley king size hemp papers. This has never happened before but my joints go out after every hit! i don't get it. It does it with both paper types. I tried loosening up the herb inside the rollers, i tried licking the papers less, and i tried making sure there was not too much herb at the end of the joint. Any other ideas??? I usually light my joints like a ciagrette, by inhaling at the same time as you light the end. I tried lighting it and holding the flame for a second but it still goes out. I just got a new dealer, could it be his stuff thats just not staying lit?

2. Because you aren't rolling them correctly.

3. its a damn roller!!! and its never done this before.

4. You aren't using the machine correctly is what I meant, or something may be wrong with the machine. The only other thing I can think of is using the wrong sized papers maybe? I don't ever use rolling machines.

5. you can check if the bud has a lot of shit in it, burn it and look at the color of the ash, should be white. Things like fertilizer left in it make it darker or black. It sounds like they are being rolled too tight, try putting more in when you roll them so that air flows through better.

6. does the machine look like this?

[​IMG]

if so the machine is just getting loose. it happens over time & the roller should be replaced.

7. it looks like that but says raw, it is made by the raw paper company not zig-zag. but yeah, it is probably getting loose and rolling them too tight

8. regardless of what brand it says, its the same style.

how many times do you think youve used it, or how long have you owned it?

i am saying it couldn't have been expensive and those things wear out super quick. i had one way back, so i know where youre coming from.

9. Buy a grinder, and don't get a cheap one. They can be pricey, but you won't regret it... at least I didn't!

10. it probably hasnt been dried long enough.. if its wet put a bit of paper or tissue in the baggie to absorb the moisture

11. Maybe you turn the roller too much thus making the joint too tight? I've had similar problems but what worked for me was to pack the weed nice even and a bit tight in the roller, close it and role once. Put the paper and roll it almost two times. My joints worked much better doing that but I prefer hand rolling more. The burn will always be better that way.

12. Yeah your weed needs to be dry when i had really sticky weed my joints wouldnt burn well at all cause when i rolled em up the grinded bud would all just stick together and form a bud which didnt allow air to pass through the joint.

13. Roll fatties, remember those rollers are made for tobacco so it works best with cigarette sized joints or fatter. :)

14. ahaha the tobbaco thing is just a cover up man so they dont get in trouble, same with rolling papers and pipes and basically everything you use for marijuana, you can't just straight up say its for marijuana, but trust me they're made for weed

15. thanks for the tips guys, i'll try them all tomorrow. Im guessing its probably.the roller though, i really just need to learn to roll by hand lol

16. Actually that could be the furthest thing from the truth when it comes to rollers. I personally know a ton of people who use rollers for just tobacco, all the cig smokers in my area roll their own to save money.

17. When this happened to me when i started it was because i wasnt rolling them tight enough. Pack them too when your done rollin

18. actually a lot of people roll their own cigarettes because it is cheaper and healthier. Also he is right, they nature of the machine makes it so that if there is not enough herb in there it rolls it too tight so that it will not pull proper air through.

19. is the bud not properly dried?

20. [quote name='"orangegrovekush"']Yeah your weed needs to be dry when i had really sticky weed my joints wouldnt burn well at all cause when i rolled em up the grinded bud would all just stick together and form a bud which didnt allow air to pass through the joint.[/quote]

This so much with my last 2 ounces onto some drier stuff now though :)