Why won't buds fill out

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by shawnmichaelmarshallc, May 7, 2021.

1. Need help its at week 5 of flowering it's a sativa....I'm using blooming feed only now increasing hear lowering the humidity but she still hasn't filled much more...only pistils please help me![​IMG]

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

2. Just 10 more weeks of flower to go. The more Sativa she is the more sparse her buds will be. They never really bulk up and are always low weight plants.

They make up for it by scrambling your brain with a power mixer.
    upload_2021-5-7_7-50-35.jpeg

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. You need more light. For next grow maybe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I'm using about 400 watts of light blue and red and full spectrum led lights

5. 10 more weeks?

6. I feel like I have enough light

7. What light are you using?

8. 80 watt led blue red and full spectrum bulbs [​IMG]

9. And the long one on top is 200 watt

10. They are allot closer now also

11. Not enough light.

Think giant burning ball in the sky that produces life on this planet as we know it.

That’s what we’re trying to replicate indoors.

Big light, big buds. It’ll pay for itself in one harvest if you have everything dialed in

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I agree you need more light. Move your lights or plants closer till you get more. It's also super early to expect to see any real size. Throw $90 at a mars or spider '600' panel and you'll be glad you did.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks for advice....putting it outside back in green house is probably out of the question huh.....i live on the east cost and its 15 to17 hours of light????

14. The watts you are stating for your lights are "equivalents" which essentially are bullshit numbers that mean nothing. I bet your true wattage is around 35 watts total for all the lights. Look very closely at the fine print on the lights, the bulbs will say like 6.2w. You dont have nearly enough light. Not even close. Always look for true wattage. Any decent LED grow light is going to run you right around a dollar to dollar fifty per watt.

This is what a 400w led grow light looks like

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. So essentially you're saying I'm wasting my time using these types of bulbs cuz I mean I've spent over 400 on seeds and want to make sure that I'm getting the most out of them

16. Yes. I wouldnt even bother putting bag seed under those lights let alone good genetics that you paid good money for. There are endless forums on lights, get readin'. Doesnt hurt to watch some youtube videos too.

17. Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

18. It's never a waste of time as long as you are learning. You're plants are looking good so far, but you will see a huge difference increasing the light. It's impossible to explain till you see the difference. You gotta trust us ;)

You could also just hook up a power strip and throw some cheap leds into 'Y' splitters if budget is an issue.

You can always reveg after this grow to save the genetics if you didn't pull some clones.

*sorry I dunno about the greenhouse question. I think @BrassNwood would know better then me about outdoors stuffs. :)

• Like Like x 3
  19. No you don't.

20. How can you re veggie after you pull the buds