Why with all the 'best songs to get high too?'

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Floydian, Dec 12, 2006.

1. I'm getting rather sick and tierd of all the threads about asking for new music that's good to get high to, or which is the best, what's the trippiest, most chill, etc.

I don't get it. No song is any better to get high to than another, if it's a good song and you enjoy it when you're sober, then theres a 99% chance you're going to enjoy it more when you're lifted.

If you ask me, treating music in that way demeans it. That's how songs and bands become "stoner" songs and bands, and most people don't look at the music past how cool it is to listen to when you're high. They get less appreciated for their talent and creativity and more thought of as people who designed their music just to get high to, or then everyone starts thinking the songs are about drugs when they're not even related, or that because some band made a lot of good music to smoke to, that they must have been stoners themselves.

I can't really say what I'm getting at in words very well, but the bigger point is, it's just starting to be fucking spam. And it's spread beyond the Music Hall too. Recreatoinal, Seasoned Tokers, General, and probably beyond. First of all, use the bloody search button. If you want some new tunes, well there's been 400 other people asking too, all making their own thread to ask. Most if not all got at least a few answers, so why not check their threads out. If you want to start one about what's the best to smoke to or something, well the same goes. But if you're going to do it otherwise, at least put some creativity in to it somehow, a new spin on it or something.

Just my rant...

2. Kudos..er...+rep

3. Thankyou, bro.