Why weed is illegal?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by 420mastertoker, Dec 19, 2011.

1. so i just got into talking about this with my grandpa and basically what he thinks(says he knows for a fact) is weed is illegal because the government makes millions of dollars by working with the cartels(which is kind of obvious) and he pointed out some facts anyone remember when there was a plane found full of narcotics and the president(dont remember who it was sry just a little high ill update it tomorrow with his name) came shook hands with the guy and sent them back and didnt even seize the narcotics?!?! and he said some other stuff but cant remember make sure you leave other fucked up stuff like this in the comments

2. cos government cant control it, hence they make no money off it.

so they ban it.

3. because weed brings you out of the matrix !

4. because its a pure and good thing, and evil rules right now:(

5. back in the day they made weed illegal to control Mexican immigration in south western states. It was all good when they needed laborers to work the fields but when there was too much immigrants they made weed illegal as an excuse to deport Mexicans(a lot of good that did).

6. notreallythough

see Industrial Espionage

7. To many people make money off it being illegal. It was made illegal with a slander campaign and misinformation for the sole purpose of making money. Pharmacutical, logging, oil, textile, and politicians are just a few of the industries/people making money off it being illegal.

8. ^^ this and...
    Cannabis is illegal due to racism and politics, mainly in the 1930's when the tax act was passed. Ever since then the propaganda has grown and grown. Also because the government can't control the means of production so therefore they ban it :smoke:

9. its not illegal cuz of racism anymore if tht was one of the big reasons then itd be legal now

10. Because it will make you kill everyone you can reach:p

Why is Marijuana Illegal? « Drug WarRant

11. because drugs are bad

12. [quote name='"munchymeiser900"']because drugs are bad[/quote]

Mmmkay

13. Two words.....DuPont chemical......

14. Oh yeah! I almost forgot about big pharma!! Yeah, that too!.........

15. [quote name='"MaxYield"']Two words.....DuPont chemical......[/quote]

Along with the timber industry and pharmaceutical companies and the alcohol and tobacco companies and god knows who else that would be hurt by making weed legal

16. its illegal because our country is run by a bunch of old ignorant bastards that are stuck in their ways and refuse to even look at all of the research and medical evidence that mj has real uses

17. No, it was only about racism when it was first illegalized. But that was enough to cause it to be illegal 80 years later...

18. Lol remember in American history x "weed is for ******s" ..... Racism

Lol doesn't really matter just came across my mind