Why The Underdevelpoed Buds?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by trueweedsmoker, Jun 7, 2013.

1. #21 trueweedsmoker, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2013
    week 7, but i believe its 5 1/2 or 6 depending if i count after i got preflowers.  These are my lowest branches.  Hope the yield is good. but the trichome count is hella stupid.  My fan blows alot off and my shirt does also when i top.  plants drink about 1  1/2 gallons each a day but havent grown any.

Attached Files:

2. night pic

Attached Files:

3. You have powdery mildew.

4. #24 trueweedsmoker, Jun 24, 2013
    thats what i thought at first but, after constant spraying i noticed that they were trichomes growing even on the lower leaves.  could be a mixture of both, but the neem oil wont help...the trichomes sparkle through the spray......maybe i'll spray again tommorrow

5. Idk, really looks like it. But hard to tell from a pic. As for the size. You shouldn't start counting weeks until you first start seeing pistils. They just need more time.

6. man so im at 8 weeks wendsday, so that mean i'll only be at 6 1/2......dude that sucks.   

I didnt want to spray again, i been spraying everyday and finally stopped about 3 days ago.  The stuff will not leave.  im hoping its not a mixture.

7. I don't know anything about hydro growing so I have question:

Is 1 and a half gallons per plant per day normal?

8. I dont know this is my first hydro grow myself.  Ive heard its normal for plants to drink a gallon a day, but i havent seen any growth in about a week....so thats very odd to me.

9. There's also other things you can try but I don't have any experience with em so....
    Spray with a mix of water and hydrogen peroxide or spray with milk. But like I said I've not tried em so do some searching

10. ok.  i will give it ago.  The neem oil is organic but the stuff stanks like crazy, and i mean even after i wash my hands.  the spray should of helped, like i was saying the crystals show through the spray so i noticed than it was trichs...but i dont wanna take a risk of it being a mixture.

11. will do......i think i'll feel safer this way being this far in flower thnx.

12. Oh I know neem very well. Mix it in my soil, spray my veg girls with it weekly. Great stuff but yea it stinks like garlic with a funk.
    Pm is a systemic infection and you can't get rid of it. Only control it. Even if you don't see it, it's still there and that plant will be a carrier for it. The clones from it will have it too.

The milk sprays work because it changes the Ph on the leaf surface and kills the mold.

Peroxide works but again needs to be diluted and I'm not sure at what ratio.

Hope that helps

13. ok, i have that store bought 3% stuff, i bet that will help

14. #35 tplat, Jun 24, 2013
    The problem with PM is that its a systemic plant disease that their is no cure for. The homemade sprays and store bought ones raise the PH on the surface of the leaves to a point that it either kills the PM spores growing on the leaves or kills airborn spores that land on the leaves before it can infect a plant. PM is more common in indoor hydro grows and in outdoor grows where the humidity is high like in a state that gets a lot of rain. After this run I would wash everything down with bleach and water then get a few fungicide bombs and use those in your grow room. Fungicide bombs aren't cheap but they are effective. PM is easier to control in veg but much harder in flowering. There was a method posted here by someone who knew how to get PM out of bud by soaking it for a few seconds in something don't recall.

15. #36 trueweedsmoker, Jun 24, 2013
    its jorge cervantes tip.  1 cup of 3% peroxide mixed with 5 gallons of water then soaked for 3 - 5 minutes and rinsed.

i wonder if that mildew can cause health problems.  i been sneezing alot and my freakin chest been hurting.  im gonna take care of this crap tommorrow as soon as lights hit

16. just sprayed with peroxide....my temps are always below 74. but didnt see any under the leaves and it didnt run off.  this a pic b4 spray.....will show an after pic when lights go out

Attached Files:

17. after spray..................................

Attached Files:

18. Did you end up scrapping these?

19. nope...man did we love this stuff......it was the bomb.   to bad my yild was screwed..