Why the hell are you selling these in the shop??

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by smokeandmirrors, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't get it - if you think that's a knife for cutting "hemp" then you're off your head

Large hemp cutter - English - Grasscity.com

i'm really surprised that you guys would encourage the sale of such an item in the shop just because it has been branded with a marijuana leaf - especially when the majority of your members are pretty young and the level of knife crime has just exploded recently

Bud scissors I could understand - hell, I own 2 sets, but a RAZOR and a stabbing blade on a knife - lol - what you gonna do, mug your plant for its buds?!?

not cool :(

2. Hahaha, this was definitely entertaining. :D

3. Why be so mad about it? It's just a little product in the Shop. I'm sure a calmer comment would get it abolished and banned quicker than a rant would.

I don't mean to be disrespectful but a chiller approach would be appreciated. :)

I can't answer why it's there but it is. SJ, care to explain yourself, Mister? :rolleyes:

As far as the members being "pretty young", our members agree that they are at least 18 when they register but the Shop isn't just for forum members. In fact, only a small percentage of members ever purchase anything from the Shop and that's been the way it is since the beginning.

You made your point. I was surprised that it was there. The blades are 2.5 inches which would be a good size for their purpose of cutting hemp, though.

If you're really that upset about it, email support. The Shop people don't come to the GF forum and SJ doesn't notice every thread in here.

4. damn I kinda want it =\

5. Yeah, it's a badass looking knife :smoking:

6. Me too.:)

7. LOL! This has turned into an advertisement and will probably increase the sales of it. I didn't even know it existed until today. :p

8. i have to agree, and its a damn good advertisement, i really want one now that i know they exist

9. Hardly a rant - I thought that was putting it fairly humourously

I'm not trying to offend anyone at GC just make a point (pardon the pun) ;)

I still stand by my sentiment that it's not something I expected to see sold in the fair City as it's a horrible looking cut-throat razor - i've been growing for 15 years, know plenty of serious growers and nobody I know uses a knife like that on their plants - bud scissors, yes - scalpels for cloning, yes - secateurs, yes

the responses to my post kinda prove my point as well

10. if u lived here i lived a 2.5 inch blad is like walkin aronud with a bik razer

11. Hell I'd have it just for the knife.

12. It's okay, I don't think anyone really buys anything on there, so.

13. well done

you win :rolleyes:

14. published 2007 ...

THE full extent of Britain's violent crime epidemic, which yesterday claimed the life of another teenager, is revealed in shocking new figures that show the number of street robberies involving knives has more than doubled in two years.
    Attacks in which a knife was used in a successful mugging have soared, from 25,500 in 2005 to 64,000 in the year to April 2007. The figures mean that each day last year saw, on average, 175 robberies at knife-point in England and Wales – up from 110 the year before and from 69 in 2004-5.

published 2009 ...

Figures published by the Ministry of Justice showed that the number of people serving custodial sentences for carrying a knife had risen by 40% in the last year.
    Commenting on the figures Justice Secretary Jack Straw said: "These figures underline our determination to tackle the scourge of knife crime. And they show that the tough approach is working.
    "As the Lord Chief Justice, Lord Judge, has recently spelt out, if you are caught carrying a knife the consequences are serious: with jail sentences for many more offenders

Please will you stop selling knives in the shop?

Pretty Please??

15. I don't know about a device of death but I sure see an opportunity for propogation. This knife tool would be excellent for taking cuttings/clones of your favorite house plants. 2 blades, better than one and seems it would be easy to keep it clean/ sterile.

Cheers

16. I could easily see someone owning this knife being more inclined to carrying it around, and eventually being pressured into 'using' it in an unnecessary manor, but then again, i really dont see how its any different than the sales of pocket knives at walmart. If someone wants to buy a knife, they aren't going to have any problem finding a store that sells them.

17. As I stated before, email the Shop about it, please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.