why the fuck do people puke from smoking

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by random_umphreak, Feb 21, 2008.

1. I've never puked from smoking but my friend who smokes a healthy amount has puked 3 times, and this has been recent like a month apart, does anyone know why this happens cuz its not from eating too much cuz he's puked from not eating anything too, and i dont think its smoking too much cuz we've smoked a modest amount and he's puked, its just too damn big of a buzz kill and im sick of it. anyone have any ideas?

2. probably just dehydrated, drink some wata

3. stale ass smoke, chokin on a monster size hit

4. does he have any stomach ulcers? my one friend keeps swallowing smoke cuz hes "special" and ya....no good...he pukes every once in a while when it acts up on him or smtg...just a thought

5. I threw up a few times in the beginning.

6. Swallowing smoke is bad, usually irritates your body in general.

And most people throw up because of gag reflex... coughing too much and it just sets it off.

Iv only puked twice... once was because I inhaled plastic fumes, another I had just woken up, was REALLY groggy and had a lot of flem in my throat when i hit the bong... kinda choked a little, and up came the flem.

7. they are pussies?

8. If I play certain video games when too high I get really dizzy and nauseous. Only puked once from it, but now I avoid them all together. (mario kart and james bond for the N64)

9. dude do u live in NY cuz that happened to my 3 friends too

10. Man, I've puked twice. Once, after me and this girl got high, we just drove around in her car. We just drove, and I don't want to get high, then be cooped up in a car forever, and she had the fucking heat on full blast, I just felt like shit and I was like "Hey Macy, you wanna pull over?"

The second time was the night after, I was by myself and I smoked a huge bowl. I don't know what happened, I just started feeling natious.

Hasn't happened since, and those were the first times. This was like a month ago.

11. I've only puked once, but it was due to a combination of factors; it probably had nothing to do with the weed itself.

My best friend and his girlfriend and I were back in the forest near my home. One of them had the 'genius' idea of taking GBs out of the creek. I've done it before (but in a different creek several miles away, and we did it right after some rapids where the water was flowing nicely; the water here was fairly stagnant which I'm sure is a major contributor to it). I didn't even feel like smoking that afternoon for some reason, I might've even had a headache.

Anyways, they start taking hits and persistently offer me. I took one in hopes they would stop asking. I had a huge head rush after it (instantly high) and started feeling dizzy. My buddy got really hyper and started shouting "Take a hit! Take a hit!" It sounded hilarious, but he was also throwing rocks around me (looking back it was pretty funny, but I was feeling pretty sick by then so I didn't appreciate it). I have a distinct phobia of getting my knuckles broken, and my face too I guess, so I took another two hits or so (I definitely can't exactly remember). Peer pressure with violence!

I just want to get the hell out of there at this point, so we make the climb up what is essentially a mountainside that leads up to the railroad tracks, cross them, and get in his car. They decide they want to go to Burger King, which sounds lovely because the first item on my agenda after taking nauseating creek water GBs is to ingest some congealed abomination they consider meat (which would otherwise be appetizing).

I am sweating bullets in the backseat, feeling completely delirious and nauseous. They order their food and park in the parking lot to eat. I had made them aware how I was feeling constantly. "Dude, I'm really going to puke now." Then my buddy (who is stoned as fuck at this point) is laughing and making vomiting noises. I react and open the door, expecting to blow chunks all over a quite populated parking lot, but miraculously I didn't. His girlfriend, who is now feeling compassionate, asks if I want to go home. "Oh God, please yes I would appreciate that."

So they pause their meal to drive me home. We're on the way home and I'm battling the urge to spew all over the car. Finally we get to my house and I disembark, and (ripped out of my mind) fumble for my keys as I'm walking, er, staggering up the driveway. I couldn't seem to get them out of my pocket, and I was still fumbling at the side door. My buddy drives away and standing for several minutes in front of my door trying to get in. I thought I was homefree, but I can feel my mouth getting salty which is always the harbinger of me violently puking. I race over to the side of one of the cars in the driveway and launch several streams (I sure as hell didn't eat any Burger King, but I don't remember if I ate anything that day or not).

I was completely fucking trashed, I did not want to go inside my house or talk to anyone, so I blunder down the street to a friend's house. His mother answers the door. I compose myself well enough to greet her and get inside. I go downstairs where my buddy and his buddy are playing something online. I told them I felt uneasy and I lie down on the floor and pass out after about 5 minutes. I later woke up feeling pretty fine and sober. They didn't even notice, and upon asking him a year or two later (when he began smoking), he had no idea I was stoned. I love that kid, his home was definitely a sanctuary for me that day.

Lesson learned: don't smoke out of a fucking creek =) I rarely take GBs period after that. Sorry for the book of a post, but I wanted to tell the whole story in all of its comical glory instead of just saying I puked on the side of my house.

12. Never puked. Came close once, first time smoking out of a bong, good ass bud, and a huge ass hit. Never coughed so much in my entire life. My buddy told me I was coughing for a good 5 minutes(one of those coughs were no matter what you do you CANNOT shake it, and you just keep coughing, not breaks in between, very helpless feeling), didn't even seem that long. Hope I never do.

13. this one kid who isnt really that cool puked randomly a while after we smoked. he was just sitting by himself in his front yard in broad daylight. never laughed so hard in my life.

my friend puked all over himself the other night while driving. he was sick though and coughing like a motherfucker for a good half hour previously. still i had to laugh in his face.

14. i bet its because they know people puke when they drink alcahol and think it works like that so their mind makes them think they have to.

i almost always swallow some smoke. it it really bad?

15. sounds about right.

16. Yup!!

17. Threw up one time, went from ok merch to realllllllllllllly good dank. First bowl of dank I've ever smoked. Two hits laid me out, threw up like 4 or 5 times and was high for another few hours.

The girlie has thrown up 3 out of the 5 times she's smoked. Mixed drinking in one time, smoked an insane amount another time, and this recent one she took one too many hits off a dank blunt. I'm gonna try just sharing a bowl with her and seeing how she does.

18. only once ever
    didn't eat all day and drank 2 40oz's of Steel Reserve 211
    smoked 5 blunts
    2 bowls
    3 bubbler packs
    and packed the bong up non-stop every time it was beat with one other person untill i puked.

19. Yup, deffinitly true. Sometimes if I take a hit in wrong, or too big a hit, I'll almost puke. Or sometimes a real bad coughing fit will make it almost happen. I've only actually puked once, but I've thrown up and forced it back down a few times.

20. yup same, except i think it was my second time with a bong