why the fuck are we here?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by igggeric, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Nah, but this has been debated way too many times, and it's rare that anyone leaves the debate with a different opinion than they had before :smoke:

2. To experience physicality in a lower dimensional realm, separated from the source(God).

3. I was hoping you had something new for me to consider.
    Peace

4. Well, we can try it out. I'm not doing anything anyway ha ha.

We're here because we're here. What started as a little thing that was everything, grew into a big thing that's everything. What's here was always here. Just in a different size and shape. We are all individuals, but we collectively make up the universe. Things change and people will always wonder what life was like "back then", but truth is, no one will ever know for certain. But truly believing in something puts people at ease. But truly believing in something doesn't make it true. I truly believed in the Tooth Fairy and Santa at some point, but once it was brought to my attention that they weren't real, along with some proof, all my beliefs I truly believed in became worthless.

Things like "In the beginning" and "nothing" make no sense when trying to describe what is and always was. Even "always" makes no sense when you think about life outside of our own. Words are just a way to communicate between each other. Words cannot describe that which we cannot see or know of, and there's plenty that we can't see and won't ever know of. We can only take our truths and other people who were here before us 'truths', and make our own image out of it.

5. I agree, truly believing in something doesn't make it true. Truth transcends our opinion or beliefs. You were given proof of the non-existence of the tooth fairy and santa? did you receive the same type of proof for the existence of a first, transcendent cause?

There is only 1 truth. The rest are lies since they contradict this truth. Do you believe your philosophy is that 1 truth?

6. No proof, but using everything I've learned and my ability to weed things out, I've weeded that out. 'Cause' is another word that I believe makes no sense outside of human life. Nothing caused the universe to be. It is and always was. Using words that somehow relate to time(Like, "always was") makes no sense, so the most accurate way of saying that would be, It is.

I believe it to be, but what is belief? In the philosophy I posted above...
    ...I listed a couple key beliefs. They're in bold.

7. i can see a lot of people are speculating the idea of how the universe was created and shit. me personally, regardless of how many theories physicists come up with, what the koran or the bible or any religious dogma says, we as humans will never fully understand how the universe came about. im more interested in terms, philosophically, the significance and meaning of our lives without having to justify our existence by incorporating religion. but then again, to certain people, religion can define a person.

8. [quote name='"igggeric"']i can see a lot of people are speculating the idea of how the universe was created and shit. me personally, regardless of how many theories physicists come up with, what the koran or the bible or any religious dogma says, we as humans will never fully understand how the universe came about. im more interested in terms, philosophically, the significance and meaning of our lives without having to justify our existence by incorporating religion. but then again, to certain people, religion can define a person.[/quote]

Ah so youre up? Fuck man im bored.
    Well never know why we are here. Well never know what put us here or how we ended up here. Well never know why the universe exists or how it came into being. Well never know any of these things for certain. We need to accept that there is no meaning to our lives. Were born. From a child brought up to believe in religions or in society and that we need to go to school and ge jobs and expand the community and do our part, and if you dont do that, but instead debate about why were here and actually try to understand the bigger picture then your no good for society and it doesnt want you. So your forced to go to school. Chase that dream that will ultimatly make you "happy" in the end 40 years from now when youve been working 9-5 for 35 years. Itll then hit you. You will realize that this whole time you could have been doing something better. More mind expanding.
    The whole way humans are programmed by nature is to grow up, survive and experience. We thrive to experience more. Curiousity. But we are dumbed down by society to an almost zombie state where we just get trapped in this daily routine. And it is a system so complex run by money that there is no way to get out of it. If you dont fit in with the system then you have no money, no food, and eventually die off. Were all fucked from birth. I used to be very depresed because i was still trying to accept all this. That its all pointless. But after a couple of weeks i have come to accept my fate and just live to experience as much as i can, travel, explore, whether i break the laws or not. Ill do what makes me happy. Like smoke and listen to music. Then when i die. Well that sucks. I would have lived a relatively happy life and thats more then alot of people can say these days.

9. [quote name='"ThatFriendlyGuy"']

Ah so youre up? Fuck man im bored.
    Well never know why we are here. Well never know what put us here or how we ended up here. Well never know why the universe exists or how it came into being. Well never know any of these things for certain. We need to accept that there is no meaning to our lives. Were born. From a child brought up to believe in religions or in society and that we need to go to school and ge jobs and expand the community and do our part, and if you dont do that, but instead debate about why were here and actually try to understand the bigger picture then your no good for society and it doesnt want you. So your forced to go to school. Chase that dream that will ultimatly make you "happy" in the end 40 years from now when youve been working 9-5 for 35 years. Itll then hit you. You will realize that this whole time you could have been doing something better. More mind expanding.
    The whole way humans are programmed by nature is to grow up, survive and experience. We thrive to experience more. Curiousity. But we are dumbed down by society to an almost zombie state where we just get trapped in this daily routine. And it is a system so complex run by money that there is no way to get out of it. If you dont fit in with the system then you have no money, no food, and eventually die off. Were all fucked from birth. I used to be very depresed because i was still trying to accept all this. That its all pointless. But after a couple of weeks i have come to accept my fate and just live to experience as much as i can, travel, explore, whether i break the laws or not. Ill do what makes me happy. Like smoke and listen to music. Then when i die. Well that sucks. I would have lived a relatively happy life and thats more then alot of people can say these days.[/quote]

aha i cant help but say that some joe rogan is bleeding from your response. humans evolved from a primative form over time. we're not fucking cavemen anymore running around hunting mammoths and doing whatever we please. we've become way more intelligent. we live in this society thats develop this heirarchy, an order of power that you're not willing to comply with, you're fucked up the ass. this system limited our choices and forced into these daily repetive and tedious routines, in which there is no means of escaping. but this shouldnt prevent us from doing what makes us happy, and we should make most of what we are limited and confined to. carpe diem.

10. [quote name='"igggeric"']

aha i cant help but say that some joe rogan is bleeding from your response. humans evolved from a primative form over time. we're not fucking cavemen anymore running around hunting mammoths and doing whatever we please. we've become way more intelligent. we live in this society thats develop this heirarchy, an order of power that you're not willing to comply with, you're fucked up the ass. this system limited our choices and forced into these daily repetive and tedious routines, in which there is no means of escaping. but this shouldnt prevent us from doing what makes us happy, and we should make most of what we are limited and confined to. carpe diem.[/quote]

Jor rogen a bit, alan watts, yes. But only because what he sais does makes alot of sense to me and he puts it into words like i would not have been able to do.

11. Well each person will tell you a different answer.

My answer: Each person is here for a different reason, you may not know that reason, but you will find it eventually.

12. Because Chuck Norris allows you to be

13. #73 DBV, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2011
    You can escape society for the most part, but considering the lifestyle of living in the wild, Although I do think it would build a much stronger spiritual connection with nature, I still think society has more to offer/experience. Everything has its goods and bads.. you just have to figure out which side weighs more.